Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

road2recovery

Good Morning....

how are you feeling today??? i see your up and posting early today, i wanted to check in on you....

luv ya,
tink :)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
girl- today is a good day..Not great but good..At least i have a little energy and ws able to get the little ones dressed for school for the first time..But i get tired easy..Did i tell you my heart test came out good? i had to do an ageagram and came out good..The only problem i have right now is the vein they gave me the blood in hurts bad..I have to go see a vascular doctor to make sure i don't have a blood clot..My luck i will..lol how are you?
Helpful - 0
i'm also doing better, i get a little more energy everyday. the weird thing is i used to have alot of energy in the morning and would be exhuasted by bedtime. ever since all this happened it's the exact opposite now. i get up at 6am everyday with my b/f and it takes me ALL morning to wake up. like today, i just now feel awake, and i had my coffee at 6:30am!!!! then at bedtime (usually between 9 to 10pm) i cant go to sleep!!! its really frustrating. i dont know, maybe my sleep schedule got messed up during all of this. what sucks is that i have LOW ENERGY already and then add to that not being able to go to sleep....oh, well i guess time will tell, huh??? how about you, how are you sleeping???

oh ya, i called my Gastro dr. yesterday about the Iron pills and he said if it makes my stomach even the slightest bit upset, then DO NOT take them...
so i stopped taking them. he said i can try again in a few weeks and see how  i tolerate them then.

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
my sleeping is also terrible..But last night i took an abiem and slept like a baby
i.. i don't want to take it too much and add another addiction, but i need to sleep..
i would lay off the iron too for a while.oh i had a guestion for you..They told me my blood level what ever that means was 49.2 before sugery then when before they started giving me blood it was 23.9? that confusing me..
so glad to here your energy is coming back too..
keep in touch please
Helpful - 0
your blood levels drop when you lose blood. was it you hemoglobins (sp?)???
mine were 2? something before i got blood, then went up to 4.8, that night they went up to 5.2 and the next morning they were back down to 4.4. i almost didnt get to go hime that morning, they were getting ready to give me more blood. they did another draw and it came back at 6.2. when i went to the ER on sunday i was there for 8 hrs on an IV geting meds, they did 3 draw's 3 hrs apart. my hemoglobins were jumping back and forth. it was 7.3 when i got there, dropped to 6.8, then went up to 9.7. (they had prepped for another transfusion, but since i went up to 9 they didnt do it and now my arm hurts where they put that bigass needle in, lol) i still dont know why my blood levels are jumping up and down.
Helpful - 0
i don't know what all those numbers mine compared to mine, but i will look on the internet to find out..i am not glad to hear your arm hurts but at  least i know that is normal now to hear it from you..i have been putting a wet towel in the microwave and put it on that vein that is swollen and it helps so much.
good luck
also how do you know your ulcers are better and won't bleed again?
i am still nervous about the blood clot in my stomach.
Helpful - 0
OMG.....I DONT KNOW!!!! and it drives me crazy, lol.... the first week i really stressed out about it, but that was only gonna make them falre up again. finally i sat down w/ my dr. and had a heart to heart with him and he told me exactly what to watch for. he put me at ease a little bit, but i still cant stop myself from worrying about it.

i'm off for my morning walk...i'll check in on you when i get back

luv ya,
tink :)
Helpful - 0
i know what you mean..i am still passing alot of blood and they say that is normal..But it scares me..i guess me and you have to give it to god..
i wanted to tell you that i found out my father in law had bleeding ulcers also yrs ago and had to have 7 pt of blood..now he is 72 and he has never had the ulcers again, and he drinks beer like a fish, so something for you to think about..
glad you can go take a walk , i thnk i will try myself..
Where do you live? i live in louisiana...
Well take care and keep in touch, i love that i have someone to talk to about this stuff..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.