Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Re: Doctors Are Not The Same

I had responded to a post earler about Dr's and  just wanted to say that not all Drs are like that. Just mine was. As soon as i went to her about being addicted to tramadol she cancelled all my refills at the pharmaacy and told me that she was giving me 20 pills to tapper with and that was it.... I told here  that i wasvery ill and had to work and it was very hard to work with WDs and she said just tough it out and got up and walked out of the room! That pissed me off and i called her the other day and she wouldnt take my call so i told the nurse in the office to be sure to tell her to "kiss my white ass and that i would never darkin her office door again, and that with no help to her i DID get off the pills and thanks for giving them to me for 2 years telling me they was not addivtive... Folks that is not a DR in my book. but should i mention she billed my insurance 23,000 last year  for OV and treatments, and i dont have insurance now and ist that convienant,,,,,Not all DR are the same i am sure, i just got a greedy one.....jeff
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I wish you could sue for something like that! Maybe you can!
Helpful - 0
i checked on sewing her but no lawyer will take a mal-practice suit unless a dr damn near killed you..... Drs have the power to change lives and in my case it was a negitive change.. and onceagain not all dr are like that... i just got a bad one//
Helpful - 0
I agree with gg...that makes me mad, too.
First, the woman gets you hooked on the damned things by assuring you they aren't addictive...then she refuses to help you get off? That's awful. Some 'doctor', huh. I wonder if you would have standing for a lawsuit? I never really considered that before....I mean, ppl sue the tobacco companies all the time....I don't see what the difference of suing a doctor for getting you hooked on a painkiller would be. Well, I guess you got yourself 'hooked' but you know what I mean. If the pills were never prescribed to you in the first place, then you would have never GOT hooked. SIGH. Its like a double-edged sword, huh.
Well, one thing for SURE...if I were you, I'd definitely find a new doctor, someone who is actually compassionate and cares.

take care
jenny
Helpful - 0
I have had some bad doc experiences and I always wondered about that. You should be able to sue someone for messing up your life! I have never sued anyone and I don't believe you should go around suing people, but some doctors need to be made an example of! They play God with peoples lives and pay no consequences. It's awful!
Helpful - 0
i have to admit what you said scared me, i actually was on hold for an appointment and then hung up, thinking the same thing would happen to me. i am sorry you went through that experience
                                           Linda
Helpful - 0
  people put so much trust in doctors its unreal we have to be our own doc to some degree we know when something is wrong I'm not telling mine she'd probably just say take a tylonal extra strenght or something stupid like that.  I'm sorry that happened that sucks my doc put me on patch and went right o it I knew it was no good just becAUSE O THE WAY i ELT THEY DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING. WE ARE THE EXPERTS OUR BODIES CHEERS d
Helpful - 0
i was diagnosed with Endometriosis at 19yrs old, i'm 32 yrs old now and have had 8 surgeries for it including a hysterectomy. throught out the yrs i have had some really mean doctors, the funny thing is they always "pushed" tramadol and ultram on me, saying it was non-narcotic and non-addictive. and i didnt "need" darvocets it was too strong. mind you, this was WAY before i ever had any addition problems (at that time 30 pills would last me 2-3 months or longer) just shows how some dr's DO NOT know what they are talking about and are very callous and uncaring.

Today i have a WONDERFUL primary care dr., that i have been completely honest with about abusing my meds and to my surprise he understands and WANTS TO HELP ME.... i will say however, i made sure when i talked to him about my problem with pain pills i was extremely careful how i worded it to him. i NEVER said "addict" or "addicted" i  was honest about it and put it as "i take more than rx, run out early and believe i have a problem with them and want to work twords getting off of them."

i think 2 factors come into play when ppl open up to their dr's:

1. the way we come accross
Helpful - 0
oops i accidentally posted, lol

anyways...

1. how we word "our addiction" and describe it to the dr. makes a big difference, dr's definitely "run scared" at any mention of the the word "addict"

2. the doctor himself, if you've been seeing your dr. for awhile, you more than likely know what kind of bedside manner he has and how he will probably react if you talk to him. i can think of a few dr's over the yrs. that i would NEVER dream of telling, cause i know from my regular OV's the level of understanding and caring.

i think anyone who's honest with their dr. deserves a "pat on the back" even if it doesnt turn out good. it takes ALOT of courage to open up to anyone about abusing pain meds, especailly your dr.

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.