Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Feeling bad and wanting a pill

Hey everyone I hope you all are having a better day than me. Sorry for whining. I have been trying to be very upbeat lately and just pushing myself to hard I think. Whenever I get overtired or overstressed (trying to find a job), I get swollen glands that are very painful and hard to move my head, high fever, and right now my bottome lip has tripled in size and is covered in cold sores. If I had a bottle of pills I would be jugging them right now. Just taking advil and drinking lots of fluids. Thanks for listening.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sure this is too far down for you to see, but I wanted to say you have come so far, don't give up now!  I hope you are doing better today, and getting over the craving.  You have done absolutely amazing so far.
Helpful - 0
hey sorry for the bad day for you too, we could always exchange emails or something?
Helpful - 0
Good to hear things are getting better - because today was a bummer for me too. Both by work and both by mistakes I made. It ended up working out for the better, and I am glad yours has too.

To bad we don't live closer, I'd love to trade personal notes with you one on one some time, but your nickname suggests you are anything but close to me :(

It still feel nice knowing there is someone within a few days as I feel.

Though I miss Yoda... Yoda WRU?!?!? :) :)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
No one would ever get upset.. thats what we are here for.. You post when you arent' feeling great.. by posting instead of reaching for the pills you start to get better by changing your behavior..  Its not always gonna be easy thats why you need a support system.. so when times are tough and you just don't feel like it you have people there to keep you on track.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I have read most of your post. You're doing GREAT. I hope you take care of yourself so you can feel good again. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I don't think anyone would be upset by this post that you made. If they do I guess they will have to get over it fast. lol

Take Care Please.....LS
Helpful - 0
Nobody would get upset your doing awsome think when you irst came here You've come a long way baby everybody is allowed to visit misery but you don't live there abnd you don't so hats o to you girl.  love D
Helpful - 0
you know you are always soooo supportive and have gone out of your way to ask how i'm doing.

if you want to ramble, then ramble....
if you want to b*tch, than b*tch...

we're all here to listen as you have done for so many of us. we all have bad days, so dont beat yourself up.... i think your POSITIVE ATTITUDE has made a big impact on getting as far as you have, but no one can be positive 100% of the time. if you've been over-doing it, take a break and RELAX....heck you DESERVE IT SWEETY  :)

run yourself a hot bubble bath, play your favorite music, light some candles, lock yourself in the bathroom  and just ENJOY!!!! (think of it as a mini-vacation from reality)

i hope you start feeling better soon, keep your head up...

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
thanks for all the wonderful support! i had a moment of despair, it's gone now thankgoodness and i am just going to take it easy for a few days. i hope you all are doing well : )
Helpful - 0
i hope no one gets upset with me for posting that, i just ache from head to toe right now. thanks
Helpful - 0
well try not to be to hard on yourself, the drugs are evil, and so hard to stop! you are trying, soon you will get there.
Helpful - 0
Hey...you are doing a heck of a lot better than me.  I gave in...now I have to start all over again.  But at least I have some methadone left so I will take 10mg for 3 days.  That seems to help.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.