Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ok heres the plan

i have averaged a little over 4 pers or lortabs a day for the past 41 days.  Ive tapered, but slowly.  At max i took 6 in a day, now im taking 3, 2 or even 1.  Yesterday and today 2.5.  Tomorrow 2 and friday 1, to get through my interviews, in case i get sick.  Friday at noon i will never take one of these again.  Think i will get sick?  Minor?  Bad?  How many days, if i do?  3?  4?  I know one person told me they took these amounts for 2-3 months and barely got sick.  Should i just take a positive approach and assume it wont be bad?  Thanks for your opinions!  Ive posted on these boards a few times, and i KNOW what could happen if i dont stop.  Dont you worry i am stopping this friday.  For several reasons.  What i need at this point is your opinions on the withdrawals, if any!  Thank you ALL for being honest.  I really dont think i would have been as motivated to stop taking these, if it werent for all of your advice!
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks!  All of your advice has eased my mind.  I can do this and will do this.  TRULY i use them to cheer me up.  I first took them because i had a bad neck and they helped.  Then i noticed they made me feel great and i didnt even want a beer!  im not an alcoholic or even clse, but i did drink 3-4 nights a week.  In the past 6 weeks ive had beers MAYBE 3 nights, and those nights were completely mellow.  That was another draw of the pills, no hangovers!  I am a very careful person luckily, so i think thats a huge reason why i didnt start taking 6..............7...............8..... a day.......actually ive cut down.  The pills jsut help........but im at a point where i dont even want them anymore, so that part of my life should be fine!  
Helpful - 0
hydrocodone for depression..stop..it won't help..yeah you get that 'im just dandy'..feeling..it gives you a feeling of calm yes..but your just bandaiding it..trust me..even 10;s if your only on 3-4 a day..and already tapering, your going to fly threw withdrawls..want to trade? lol..seriously ever wake up just feeling icky? Like if you did vigorous work the day before, mowing lawn blah blah..thats about your withdrawls..sounds good don't it? Motrin..motrin...MOTRIN..and you could even try...bendaryl..and !..tylenol pms work pretty dang good for sleeping..
Helpful - 0
Yes i have an interview tomorrow and one friday as well.  thats why i altered the plan and added that i will take maybe 1.5 on friday. Thanks, i wish myself luck too, good night!
Helpful - 0
SEE!  Im ok and wasnt lying!  What would be the point?  the thing is though, that my "plan" keeps changing, so it can get very confusing, even for myself!  The OVERALL basics of the plan is to keep today at 2-3, take AROUND 2 tomorrow and AROUND 2 friday,..........once my interview is over...............but i waver between 2, 2.5, 1.5 lol sorry.......like today i said 2 or 2.5 but if i do take one later it would be 3.5.............which would be more than my goal but at least im honest about it lol
Helpful - 0
well thats soooo good to hear, i was worried i would offend you by saying anything. being an addict myself i know how "touchy" saying something can be. i guess i think of everyone here as my 2nd family and care about what happens to you. tomorrow's your interview right??? l want to wish you GOOD LUCK in advance since i wont talk to you until its over. please post and let us all know how it goes, k?

i'm off to bed...have a good night and get some sleep so your nice and "refreshed" tomorrow!!!!!

luv ya,
tink :)
Helpful - 0
Dont think im going to get offended, cuz you have helped me so much.  when i was saying 11 left, i was referring to what will be in the cabinet when im totally stop taking these.  I have 15.5 now.  To be honest, i was thinking of maybe taking one later, leaving it at 14.5, then 2/2.5 tommorrow leaving it at 12/12.5, then taking 1 or 1.5 leaving it at 11. Thats what i meant when i said 11 would be left!
Helpful - 0
WEll yeah i know.  I probably convinced myself im taking less.  Lets see.  Today its 2.5 and yesterday i KNOW i took 2.........that leaves monday, which im pretty sure i took 2? Maybe 2.5? I didnt say i have 11 left, i said i will have 11 left(or meant to say lol) by the time im done taking them at all.  Wiat im confused!  Let me go count them lol...........yeah i have 15 1/2 left.  when i said 11, i think i was saying once friday is over, and i c/t, there will be 11 left.  But thanks for checking up on me!  I need it!
Helpful - 0
glad to see you posting, i was starting to wonder where you were tonight. i want to ask you something, but i dont want you to get offended,k? are you sure you are keeping track of what you're taking? i know sometimes i count my pills several times cause i could swear i had only taken, lets say 5 that day, but when i counted them there would be 8 or 9 gone. i'm asking cause when we talked on monday you said had like what 22 left? and today you have 11. Please dont take this wrong, i'm not trying to check up on you or anything, i just worry about you. we have talked alot the last 3 days and you've been on my mind alot. i see myself (6 yrs ago) in you and know you are at an early enough stage in all of this to walk away with minimal w/d's and the horrible mental cravings. I soooo wish i would have been "as aware" as you are about pain pills and noticed at the point you are right now to have stopped. you are a very intelligent person to realise where your heading if you dont nip this in the bud.

BUT.... i also know how these "evil little pills" play tricks with our minds and can manipulate us into taking more then we need and sometimes are even aware we're taking (which has happaned to me more times than i can count) your taper plan sounds good, you sound positive about what you've planned, i just want to make sure your own "mind" doesnt trick you. which happens so easily and without us even seeing happen. so again please dont take offense, i only want to help you help yourself.

i'll be on for a little bit longer tonight, so post me back, k???

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Aw.. that was sweet. Thank you.. And I am not disappointed I just really want you to get out of this mess before its too late.. You have it all in front of you I would hate for you to become a victim of this disease.
Helpful - 0
Ahhh shes taken!  Dang it!  Oh well, ill find another woman lol.  Ok i will keep you posted and i will keep you all posted on my job search too.  I think once im back to working 40-50 hours a week, temptations like these will be so much less likely.  Hey, have a great wedding sweetie!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
it is good news you are down to half what you were taking.. that should help you come off them easier.. Please keep me posted on how you are this weekend after quiting.. I won't be here this weekend I am getting married but I will look for your posts when i get back..
Helpful - 0
God Fladdict helped me so much i almost feel like i let you down, like you are disappointed in me.  SORRY!  But they got me through 3 or 4 days of horrific depression.  Yeah yeah another excuse, my bad.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You can do it man... You are at a good place where you can still walk away from these evil pills..
Helpful - 0
FLaddict!  Hey!  Yes, i swear to God, and im a total believer, that i wont continue this.  I wont ever buy another.  I cant swear i wont take the rest(have 11 left), cuz some night 3 weeks from now i might want a good night sleep and take ONE, who knows. I know warnings are coming but my whole life is messed up and im competely aware that i wont be doing these anymore.   Fladdict i know its an excuse, but i was SO depressed in the pastr week, and they made it all go away...............im sure you can relate.  The good news is im down from 4 a day to around 2, maybe 2.5.
Helpful - 0
Well i wanted to quit C/t the other day but ive been depressed and these really help.  Being that i got 2 very important interviews, thurs and fri, i wanted to make sure i was feeling ok.  I know from all that ive read on here,thats just an excuse to keep taking.  Maybe it is, like more of me delaying it, im not sure.  But i know that i only have 11 of these left and even if i wanted to keep taking them, i cant cuz im not working and dont have the money.  
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Prepare for some minor symptoms like sleeplessnes, diarreah, and some crankiness... You will be fine.. I wish you would have stopped a few weeks ago when we were having this same conversation but.. like I said you will be fine.. Just go through it keep us posted.. and don't take anymore... Promise??
Helpful - 0
Sounnds great!  thanks!  Oh by the way, these are 10s too.  Ive never taken more than 4 percs in a day, cuz theyre stronger.  The few times i took up to 6, those were lortabs.  How about sleep disruption?  That worries me although i wont start my new job(hopefully i get one soon), for a few weeks, so thats no big deal.  I just love my sleep!  Oh and i like the idea of substituting a motrin for one of these.  In the past few days, ive been down to 2-2.5...........my stomach feels a little weird, but im not even sure if thats not just a little virus or bad food lol.  Thanks again for your response.
Helpful - 0
oh i wish i was still a 3-4 a dayer..
Heres the good news tho..you could cold turkey right now..and probably just feel kinda tired..maybe just a LITTLE achey, but you could do motrin..and trust me that stuff helps..cause i quit cold off 3-4 a day and they were 10's btw..cause of being preg..can't be doing that ya know..and yeah felt kinda tired..kinda achey..you shouldnt have it bad..just do motrin..and heres a little tip a dr told me awhile back..if you swap motrin for the hydro..say tomorrow you take 2? instead of that 1 take the motrin..:D..you won't even notice the slight ache..and try eating and drinking stuff that you KNOW keeps you pepped up...you could just do total motrin..and not take any more hydro....howz that sound?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.