Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

You are all amazing people

The quality of character on these boards are amazing.  I dont even feel the support from family and friends that i feel from some of you.  When i read some of the posts, its like you people truly care about eachother and thats so awesome.  Just remember, we ALL mess up.  EVERYONE.  But the fact that we are here just means we are well aware we made mistakes and need to change.  That alone is fantastic because there are MANY who dont ever even TRY to better themselves.  I believe that every single person who reads this post of mine can conquer whatever ails them.  I know this by the quality of person you have shown by supporting eachother.  Yes i am in a good mood, i just got done with one of my walks lol.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good Evening Brian...I feel  the same as you about this site...everyone who has herd my story has been more then supportive..more then my own family..They think this is stupid and I should just throw away the pills and be normal..I would but I'm just not ready yet..
Helpful - 0
In my opinion, thats they key.  You have to be ready and only you know when you reach that point.  Luckily, in my case, i know that time is now.  This site and its members has really helped me get to that point.  
Helpful - 0
Don't get me wrong I have been ready 100 times..I have went from 70 mg of Norcos to 1pill a day and from 100mcg of the Duragisic Patch to 25 mcg...but thats where I stay for now..but this past week was my deceased daughters b-day and yesterday my 17 yr old took my grandbaby and moved out ..so right now I'm having a hard enuff time breathing let alone start my W/D process..but if your at that point I'm very proud of you...Good Luck...
Helpful - 0
YES, by all means, focus on your current situation so u are strong enough to fight the pills.  When you are ready, you can and WILL do it.  I know it!
Helpful - 0
Awhhhh,

nice sentimensts. For those who are new within the past few months and don't know me, I personally have no addiciton but am deeply touched by my father's crack addiction. I thinkthis site is wonderful and the amount of support for all of you from all of you is amazing at best. Many times with personal issues we have whether it is addiction, relationships, money, etc....it helps to know that you are not the only one who has made bad choices or fallen vicitm to horrible circumstances. Being able to see the effects of being human whether good or bad is truely humbeling to anyone and very special to those who seek whatever it is they are on this site for. B.S. or not it takes a real good person to come here and even if they are not able yet to be truely honest with themselves and face their personal demons and the consequences associated with them, they are good enough to lend an ear and a voice of inspiration to others......God bless all of you and those close to you. May all of you problems find their way to resolution.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.