Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
190466 tn?1215884854

starting my 4th step

i did my 3rd step last night w/my sponsor and starting my 4th and if anyone can give me any advice that would help me right now. hope all is well w/u folks and keep on keeping on. yesterday i hit 2 meetings for the first time ever,it wasgreat and im getting back a little selfworth. Clay TX
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hugz back,,I"m in na but I know theres many differant roads to recovery,have a good nite at work,,lol
Helpful - 0
Good point lol I agree with ya!!  Hugz, Lil.
Helpful - 0
can you tell me where in the basic text it says you WILL relapse if you dont work it. The reason I ask is because neither aa or na claim to be the ONLY way.but if what you say is correct then they ARE saying that,obviously bacause only they use the steps
Helpful - 0
Take it easy, pray before writing, remember to try and look for the fear behind your character defects and most importantly remember that you aren't unique, nor as good or bad as you might suspect.
Good luck, i'm proud of you!
Helpful - 0
Hey there.    Take your time with this step!!!  This is the hardest step to work.
It was for me anyway.    This is where you'll get all the baggage out in the open with your sponser(and i hope you have chosen a good one)and you will find  things about yourself that you've never really realized, this will be the good, and the bad, so take your time and pray about it.

It took me a loooooong time,  and you will find yourself needing to do this more than once.  Maybe the rest of your life.

KVMJ
Helpful - 0
Trust in yourself, trust in your support system and trust in your higher power...we are all where we were meant to be at this very moment....accept it and continue to work towards acheving what your ultimate goal is.....my fingers are crossed and prayers are said.,,,good luck
Helpful - 0
You should realize that you are an inspiration to a lot of people....esp, me. Even though you have slipped, you just keep on fighting and for that, you need to be proud!!! I know this is hard on you and your family but they sound like they are a very strong support system for you and your wife doesn't pull any punches when you slip, she is a strong and smart lady!  You are fighting with everything you have and I know that you will be successful!
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.