A
A
A
Close

Hydrocodone addict....scared!

I'm addicted to hydrocodone...scared!
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
All of us on here are addicted to something me my addiction happens to be hydrocodne and when you say scared i hear ya man. I get axiety attacks everyday when i have none. But the important thing to remember is  you can do it could you tell us alittle more about your addiction? How long? What dose? How many per day? Let us know and come here often sometimes its the only way to get thru the dayLots of luv to u ~~~~~Chros
Helpful - 0
Last took them two days ago.  I was up to talking 8-9 10mg hydrocodone for most of a year and a half.....
Helpful - 0
All alone now......want off the drugs.   Cost me untold money.....my future wife (she left me one month before we were to get married).  Still have me job though....but am so shaky to go to work today, but I have to...
Helpful - 0
I'm so sorry for all you are going through.  And we are hear for you.  Was this an Rx that you were getting through a doctor, that you could talk to about this.  There are many things they can help you with that will make withdrawels easier.  If not, there are also at home remedies that will not take them away, but maybe make things more bearable for you.  Vitamins, Restless Legs meds (Hyland's), maybe some sort of homeopathic nerve tonice (same company, Hyland's)...do you have anyone outside of the forum you can talk to about this as well?  
Helpful - 0
I've posted in the space below this one.
Helpful - 0
Started out an Rx.....then quickly escalated to a "friend" who had access as long as I had money.....when my girl left....that ruined me, I want off.....
Helpful - 0
I don't know if you are able to go to a doc to help with you, but that may be your best option.  If not, the home remedies may be able to help you.  Does anyone in your family/friends know that you are going through this?
Helpful - 0
I take Klonopin and Xanax for panic disorder.....it helps with the nerves somewhat.....but not the other side-effects or the cravings.....
Helpful - 0
  My whole family knows....and pretty much left me to deal with it on my own.  So here I am!
Helpful - 0
The cravings are something that you will deal with for a while.  Physically, maybe a week....mentally, that's something that has to be worked hard on, if you are really ready to quit.  Xanax, or some other benzo is usually what is prescribed to help with withdrawals/sleep.  I know it's hard to tell yourself to not be scared, but this is something you can get through, if you put your mind to it.  When I went c/t I felt better being at work, because I could take my mind off my mind, and not just sit in bed all day crying/panicking about everything in the whole wide world.  But I know everyone is different...
Helpful - 0
hey are u there? I am a 25 year old women who has batteling this since i was 22 so let me how i can help u okay im sorry to hear about you wife or would have been wife talk to me k ~Chros
Helpful - 0
I'm really sorry about your family, mine was sooooo supportive.  I wish you luck with this, and hope you can give all of this up, life is so much better without pills.  And we are all here to talk with you. We've been through something, and have advice to give.  Good or bad, it's what has worked for us!
Helpful - 0
  I'm a 42 year old Nurse ( and no...I never got meds from where I work...we don't have those types there thank God).
Helpful - 0
  I found you on the net.....your really the only ones I can talk too about this.  My family shunned me pretty much.  My soon to be wife left me because she didn't or couldn't deal with it....so ya'll are a God-send.
Helpful - 0
Somehow I've got to drag this old body to work tonight.  God the shakes and cravings are bad....but I don't want the pills anymore.  They took away my whole life.
Helpful - 0
I've got to get showered and ready for work (somehow)...will ya'll be here about 11 or 12 when I get off work tonight?  I hope so.  I'm going to log on as soon as I get home.  Thank you all.  Please pray for me.  Please....
Helpful - 0
you can do it kid. it takes everything you have inside to quit but you CAN do it. i went cold turkey (thought i was gonna DIE!!!) for 2 months withdrawing from ultram after taking it everyday for almost 3 years. I just hit bottom and couldn't risk everything anymore to get them. So I did it and stayed clean for a good long time. It is the addict in us that is hard to kill. I always look in medicine cab's, check out people's med. supply when i am at their houses.... ridiculous!! anyway, YOU CAN DO IT. if you want to do it, you WILL!!! good luck kid!!!!
Helpful - 0
I WORK IN NURSING ALSO-AND I WILL BE ONLINE AT THAT TIME AROUND NINE OCLOCK CENTRAL TIME TO PRY MIDNIGHT SO LETS TALK THEN TRY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY AT WORK I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO U ABOUT WHERE U WORK AND STUFF WE MIGHT HAVE ALOT IN COMMON LOL TTYL~~LUV TO U ~CHROS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.