Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ok today is the day!

Some of you know my story, some may not.  To make a long story short, i have averaged 4 10mg percs a day for a little over a month.  About 42 days.  Ive mellowed out this week and have taken an average of like 2.5 a day.  I have an interview in an hour, so im about to take my last pill EVER.  This has been my plan for a few days now, and im sticking to it.  Most of you have said i may have withdrawal, but it wont be too bad.  I hope not!  Another interview popped up on monday, so about 73 hours from my last pill im about to take i have an interview.  I hope i feel ok for that interview!  I am going to be so relieved when i am off these!  The fear of addiction and guilt are not fun for me.  To those who do know my story, i will keep you posted!  Off to my interview now, take care!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good luck with the interview.  Were you on Percocet for legitimate pain?  It seems like a strong dose to start you out on....10mg 4 times a day.  That would make most people sick starting out with that.  That isn't a lot compared to some but it is still quite a bit, but it sounds like you weaned down some and that is good.  I think percocet makes people kind of unstable with their emotions after a while.  BUT since you weren't on them for too long you probably won't have that bad of withdrawals....however, I don't know.  I am going through withdrawing from pain meds for the first time in my life.  I had to take take pain meds for legitimate pain that was absolutely horrible.

I was down to one or two Percocet 5mg and took my last dose around 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday so I guess I am 49 hours out.  I did great yesterday.  I thought I would have no withdrawals.  My husband thinks I am silly because I am so concerned about the withdrawals because I did it so drawn out (under a doctor's supervision) I was actually down to 1/2 tablet twice day.  There were a couple of days of peaks of pain that I did take two.  I am sure I will still have to take some here and there if the pain gets bad (the pain isn't completely resolved but much better since surgery) but not on a daily basis.  That is what I want to stop.  Even though I still have pain I want to be able to just not take pain meds daily.  It is just something I want for myself.  And I know I will feel better in the end.  And I want the pain meds to actually work better when I have acute pain when it flares up.  Sorry to go into my own story.....just thought I would share.  I do hope your interview goes well....I will say a prayer.
Helpful - 0
It helps the few out thier to hear that tapering can work! It is not for everyone BUT it can work for the few. We need you both to come back after and you do stop and report on what is happening with your W/D useing a taper. It can save someone.
Helpful - 0
WOW i already got a job offer!  Its not a very good one at all, but at least i know that if i cant find something better, ihave something to fall back on!  WOOOHOOO!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.