Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

oxy addiction

Hi,

5 months ago I was given oxy for back pain.  I took it on a strict schedule to avoid addiction and only in the evening.  I took one 5mg on Tuesday night, one 20mg on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I was starting to crave the oxy during the day.  So a week ago I stopped cold turkey.

I am having very bad cravings for the drug now.  It seems to be worse the day after I have a beer or two.  The oxy's really helped with the pain and they really relaxed me. My mouth actually waters somtimes thinking about them.

Anythougts on when the craving might end?  Am I addicted?  I am a 37 year old male and have never been addicted to any substance before.  This feels like an addiction though.  Any thoughts would be helpful

thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, last night was reading comments here and it said to look up PAWS (post acute withdrawl syndrom) That was very help full just google it or what ever you use. good luck
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi and I'm glad you're here. I can only give my opinion, but I would say you have an addictive personality. That means you don't have to take a drug long to become addicted. You also don't have to abuse it much, if at all. The cravings is why I think that.
If you detox and have no cravings for the drug, you're home safe. I think you might be an addict but that doesn't mean you will always take drugs. You might think about it more than people who aren't, but that's all.
You are ahead of the game because you realized addiction might be a problem long before most people do.
I think you'll be ok and if you need to talk just start typing away.
Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.