Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
209656 tn?1272297065

Ok, 3 weeks on Ambien and was SLEEP PRAYING !!....What the ?????

Ok, now I read some info on the long term Ambien Addiction, and read that people would acually get up and sleep drive, or do dishes but....besides the 7.5 Hydroconde and Valium for my knee pain / anxiety that I take, the 3mg Lunesta just was not working, so I have been on 12.5 Ambien CR for only 3 weeks (exactly as perscribed) and had NO side effects.

However, the night before, I woke up to go to the bathroom, and remember, that I had to think for about 30 seconds What I Was Doing, and What Time It Was, BUT I did Know Where I was.

But LAST NIGHT, around 5:00am, all's I remember is going to the bathroom, then it was like I popped out of a trans, to find myself sitting up on my bed PRAYING FOR PEOPLE in Need of Help, but VEBALLY OUT LOUD!!!

I looked around, finished the prayer (in silent), Then I prayed to GOD...WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT ABOUT? I wonder How Many People I Prayed For, and HOW LONG I was Praying??? LOL (I think?)

So...has anyone had any simular situations, or side effects, with the 12.5 Ambien CR (taking it exactly as perscibed) After ONLY 3 WEEKS???

Just wonder if anyone can give me a little imput, advise, help, or experiences that are simular to what I described? Should I really STOP the Ambien?? Is it really something that I should be concerned about.

After 3 weeks, this is the ONLY side effect (or whatever it is) that I have had. The Ambien works a lot better than the Lunesta, BUT that may indicate there is more underlying attributes associated with it...I guess, I don't know??

Can anyone help with a little advise? I really love to pray for people in need of help, BUT - I don't want to find my self (awakend)at the local Gas Station in my Truck!!!! - If ANYONE HAS ANTHING THAT IS SIMULAR, I would really appreciate your input.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Todd  
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
352798 tn?1399298154
Maybe with more wishful thinking He will post again. I would like that, too.
This post is from May 2007
Helpful - 0
hey stranger...SO good to see you...i have only taken it a few times and i never had any problems...But i have a friend who has been on it for like a month, i don't know what dosage...
Well she got up in the middle of the night, and sent some friends and family emails...Well she went to work the next day to find some replies and she had no idea to what or why??  she did not remember sending any emails..
It scared her enough to stop, and now she takes something else..
I have heard this many times about ambiem, so i think it is not good for some..

was i in your prayers???
miss u
r2r
Helpful - 0
hey yea..the thing is Iv been using stilnox for a while now...and Im afraid im addicted to it..you see i have a thyroid disease (hypothyroidism) which cause anxiety and stress and insomnia i have also felt very insecure bout myself and others..so i take in stilnox to calm me down at night and sleep...but i do not want to continue to do this..since basically stilnox has marijuana like side affects ..sedation, hallucinations , hunger and happyness. although sounds good but very addictive in the long run i would want to sleep naturally like i used to like everybody does :( so help me please
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hi stranger...

i saw your post here and it made me think back a few weeks ago when you were posting about your g/f.   is everything ok there?

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
in Australia they have noticed a sleep med called stilnox was causing people to do really strange and dangerous things while sleeping.Cooking food,eating,driving cars,pushbiking all kinds of wierd stuff.Ive blacked out(many times)on Halcion but never did nething like that.I think stilnox may b another brand name 4 the med that caused yr incident.Sounds dangerous to me.Good luck.
regards J
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
hiya.Yep,i think its run its course.She ran out very quickly and hasnt sought a repeat Rx.I think she is/was feeling overwhelmed with a number of things and sought temporary refuge in the pills.Im confident(hopeful)that we dodged a bullet.We will see.Im booked in 4 dtox on the 17th of June.It means going to Auckland 4 a few weeks and i can tell she is getting anxious about me going.Im feeling unsettled 2 b  honest but determined to c this process thru.thanx 4 asking.i hope u and yrs r well.
regards J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.