Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxycontin withdrawals

I took my last two Oxycontins Extended Release at 1:00 p.m. today.  I am not going to try and get anymore.  If there is anyone out there that has kicked an Oxycontin habit, could you tell me what the withdrawals will be like?  I am very frightened but I am going to do it this time.  How many days does it take to get through the physical withdrawals?  I would appreciate some advice.  Thank you, Bobbyjean
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would like to know what people take to help them through when they run out and are waiting on there new rx?I dont know if i'll ever be off thease,I thought about an operation,but all the people i have talked too said stay on the meds before going under the knife,Ive tried to quit but cant  function with the pain without the pills,this is a catch 22....sucks....
Helpful - 0
I am a 51 year old woman that injured my back and had to have surgery.  Another worker and I were moving a huge pole, very heavy, and he dropped his end.  My back just seemed to jam up and come to find out I had broken a vertabrae.  The doctor fashioned a new vertabrae out of bone from my hip and I have to wear a brace and of course I cannot lift.  I am in pain all the time and the Oxycontins extended release helped a lot.  Then I started taking more and more.  Now I've run out two weeks early and have decided that this is my time to quit.  I would rather have the pain than have my life controlled as it has been.  Does this help anyone in telling me what my withdrawals might be like?  Thank you.
Helpful - 0
RBC3:  I was wondering if your DOC was oxycontin and you stopped using them.

Beachtowel:  Thank you.  I know I didn't give much info.  I was taking anywhere from 6 to 8 oxycontin extended release tablets a day (eighty mg. tablets).  I took them for 3 1/2 years.  Thank you, Bobbyjean
Helpful - 0
I know what you mean bobbyjean,Iam about ready to run outta my oxies here soon and it scares the hell outta me,I went through this 2 months ago,I take 3 40 mg a day for back pain,and without them Iam miserable,Ive been on them for 4 1/2 yrs now,but ive gotten bad on them the last yr or so and have ran outta them twice,but the first time I got by on things I had from friends,Iam a 45 yr old male with a bad back and wish there was something else to take,but ive tried alot of them and they dont work,does anyone here have a good regement of herbs otc that will help out this go round?man i hate this,going through wd is like dancing with satan,I thought i was dieing the last go round and now looks like iam going to have to go through it again,I never thought thease pills would get a grip on me like they have,,,but they did...
Helpful - 0
It still depends how old you are and how much drug use before that....
there are three stages of W/Ds I fit in Stage three....
You don't want to be an addict that long it really sucks............
Helpful - 0
RBC you have just described stage one w/ds there are two more stages that is a pretty bold diagnosis without knowing much info..........
Helpful - 0
I feel for you, you will have cold sweats , muscle aches, joint pain , your entire body will hurt , its called dope flu, the runs , sleeplessness, tremors , restless legs symdrome, go 2 the store and get Immodium AD , Hylands restless leg symdrome meds OTC and take lots and lots and lots of hot showers or baths good luck I am praying for you , I will be here for you if you need me , Lots of Love , keri
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.