Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

phenergen

Does anyone know much about phenergen?  It is an anti-naseau medicine that they sometimes give to help boost pain meds. I have some that I take when I get an upset stomach. Is it addictive?  It also helps me sleep but I don't want to take something if it is an addictive drug.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
199177 tn?1490498534
I have an illness right now that if I dont take it the neausa and throwing would be very bad. it has worked great for me .If its being taken for the right reasons it works well.
Helpful - 0
401095 tn?1351391770
phenergan potentiates pain pills..so no..if someone was using for nrg/adding phenergan to it would defeat that for sure...phenergan is an antihistamine and makes u very drowsy...not addictive tho and during wd is good for sleep//for anxiety at 1/4 of a pill...good for the nausea that may occur..and the runny nose some get
Helpful - 0
983679 tn?1276833336
i find it strang the someone would even want to mix peneragen with pain meds...wouldnt that just knock u out? i took pills for the energy...does the cough syrpe with like codeine and pheregen just knock you out? i know phenergen knocks me out
Helpful - 0
203003 tn?1210855907
I take Pheregan all the time, I have been takin it for years for nausea and vomitting for my Migraines, But now I have been using it to fall asleep. EEKK! bad move but it works. Pheregan isnt addictive but it does wonders on nausea and vomitting, I have a phobia of vomitting, yes its stupid but I have it and I have to deal with it, I havent thrown up in years becayse of the Pheregan and when I used it to detox, it worked great,. It called my stomach down and cut my nausea and I didnt throw up once. Its great for detox. Any more questions on it please let me know!!

-Smiles
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
no its not addictive but it commonly used by opioid addicts as a potentiator.This can b problematic if it is taken 4 long periods as,due to its potentiating properties,it can cause yr tolerance to opiods to grow.Its been estimated that phenergan can increase the potency of most opioids by roughly 20%.So if u take 10mgs of sub with phenergan it would b like taking 12mgs of sub.If done 4 long enuff yr body will adjust to this.When the phenergan is ceased,it would b like dropping 20% of yr dose causing wds
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.