Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

dutchess

we have never really spoken..and i must admit that i haven't read many of your posts...just a few...reason being, they do not pertain to my sons.

i have read your credentials though...and i have a question for you.   sorry if i am asking you to repeat yourself.   are you in active addiction?  and if so...to what?

another thing that i have noticed is that you have told many ppl to "take a pill or two or even three a day for their pain"...but isn't that what caused them to be in the situation that they are in?   do you really believe an addict can successfully take just a few pills for their pain?  i am no "expert" here, and don't claim to be...especially where opiates are concerned...but what i have learned through the years is that an addict is an addict is an addict.   would you tell an alcoholic that it is ok to drink socially?  would you tell a crack addict that he can still do crack as long as it was only once a month or so?   i am just so curious as to why you would tell an opiate addict...that is wanting to become clean and sober...that it is ok to take a few pills...it just doesn't make sense to me.   would you mind explaining your reasoning.

thank you,
kim
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1st time posting but have read your posts. A non addict who learns about addiction regardless of the reason and reaches out with understanding and support but being a non addict realizes their limitations in thinking like an addict is a great thing. This post proves that you when helping addicts ( not physically dependent but addicts ) you can learn to think like one which is a great advantage. You cant get that in a book. I also think that addicts start thinking ( justifying ) that normal people have lots of energy,little pain and love life so we need pills to feel normal. Tell me "normal lizzie " do you have lots of energy,no day to day little pains and ALLWAYS love life ? I bet not and we addicts need to hear that and learn to live life,,good,bad, tired,hurtin,,,thats life. So plz keep helping but keep reminding us when your tired ,down, etc. ty
Helpful - 0
I have 36 years of a very strong addiction and have layed in bed with the devil many times..........
I also am now in college going for my CAC1 in drug addiction from the books..........
The biggest difference is that I never judge others, but addicts don't trust non-addicts...that is why many N/A or A/A meeting are closed......
If you have read Liz Lou's posts since she has been on the forum you will find that she has two sons lost in addiction and all she has spoke of them and herself as a victim of their addicton and the negative consequences of how addicts make victims of the ones they love the most.......

I have sat with a 9 month pregnant women and smoked an eight ball of crack would you? I have sat in a dope house and shot Heroin while people were getting shot begging for dope. If I do one perscription of pain pills I go straight to stage three w/d's.....

I will get my 18 month clean time honor this Friday night at 7pm at my home group....I have come full circle and probably have more knowledge than everyone here put together but that is not what this forum is about.......
It is wrong to critic anyone here unless they are hurting others with lies or bullshit........
Welcome to the forum glad to see you here.........

Helpful - 0
am I missing something ? who the hell did I critisize ? Judge? Damn what post are you talking about. plz explain cause the post was meant as a compliment
Helpful - 0
also I trust or distrust people,not addicts and non addicts
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
thank you for the kind words...i think beach misunderstood what you were saying.   he is a wonderful person and my dear friend...who was simply taking up for me.

i have never seen you post before...how long have you been lurking...hehe?  i am glad that you decided to finally join us.   welcome to the forum...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
thank you for the kind words...i think beach misunderstood what you were saying.   he is a wonderful person and my dear friend...who was simply taking up for me.

i have never seen you post before...how long have you been lurking...hehe?  i am glad that you decided to finally join us.   welcome to the forum...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
aawwhh...thank you honey...but go back and read again.  i can't believe you were taking up for me...what is this world coming to...lol.   usually you are just making fun of me...and you do it so well too.

getting back to you on IM...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
probably a month, my taper ends this week if I make it and I "m sorry for our misunderstanding ( beach ) ,,believe me I respect lizzies posts
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.