Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

It's 4:15 a.m. EST and I'm packing...

I hope to leave by 6:00 a.m. and meet my daughter in Jacksonville.  I'll get there a little after 8 a.m.  We are going to stay in a hotel on St. Augustine Beach for the week.  I hope it works out.  My daughter and I are like oil and water sometimes and like I said before, when I get so upset with her it makes me want to use again.  But since an oxy hasn't crossed my lips in almost 90 days, I'm not going to ruin it now.  I'll take mom's advice (Lizzie Lou) and keep my mouth shut.  
Hope all of you have a great week and do me a favor?  Be kind to those that you may not know or agree with.  Help us keep this forum an example for others.  With so many personalities, there's bound to be clashes.  But try to understand where people are coming from before you criticize.  I will miss all of you and I hope you have lots to tell me when I get back.
Much love,
Yoda
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have a great time!  Wow! 90days!!!  That is great!
Helpful - 0
I think that was the best advice that I have heard regarding this matter! Everyone needs to relax and realize that we are all different with our own ways of handling things but we are all in the same boat as far as our addictions go. I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter, I have to say I envy you...my daughter goes to college in VT (we live in NY) and in June she is getting her first apartment...it will just be for 2 yrs. but I will miss her so much. They grow up so fast!

Enjoy!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.