Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
203003 tn?1210855907

Im on day 28 from being clean, I have a question

I have been fine the past couple weeks, all my withdrawal symptoms have been mild. The past 2 days I have been having stomach pain and intestinal pain, Its like a pressure and gassy and stabbing feeling, Im not quite sure what it is. My doctor gave me Prilosec OTC for it but she is kind of,..well I dont wanna bash her or anything, but DUMB. I just feel gassy and bloated and depressed and ewwy. I couldnt even stand up the other day the cramping was so bad. I have no diarehhea, I took a laxative and that worked. But then my stomach was all screwed up for the rest of the day/night. Im not really sure if my body is still going through withdrawals because the percocets I was taking made me constipated and now my whole digestive system is messed up. I have no clue what is going on. Im very irritable and uncomfortable. I have been in bed for 2 days eating toast and ginger ale. IT SUCKS. Maybe I should go see a Gastrointestinal doctor of some sort and see what could be the cause. if any one has any suggestions or help please let me know.

Also, I have been very depressed lately, I am on paxil 20mg, I am boosting it up to 40 today and hopefully I will see a difference in a week or so, any help on that too???

im sorry for so many questions!! my doc is never in the office or is too busy to answer my questions. Anyone, please help!!

Thank you so much!!

-Smiles
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
199177 tn?1490498534
Smiles, i am about two weeks ahead of ya and i too have had LOTS of stomach and gas issues . I think maybe  our bodys adjusting back to "normal " LOL what ever that is . If it goes on too long you may want to see someone but i would give your body a bit more time .I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. have a great week .
Avis
Helpful - 0
hey girl,

i only have a minute this morning, my girls are flying here tomorrow and i have TONS of stuff to do to get ready.  i dont know exactly whats going on with you, but do you take alot of advil or aspirin?  i found out that my ulcers (which turned into bleeding ones) came from stress and taking advil. i had ALOT of gas in my tummy, burning and really uncomfortable. before i ended up in the hospital, i went to my dr. a few times complaining about an upset stomach, i really thought i had some kind of "mild stomach bug" well guess what???? i had 2 bleeding ulcers!!!! there was NO WAY my dr. could have know this, since you have to go to Gastro dr. and have an upper GI done to find out for sure. i would suggest going to see a Gastro dr. like you mentioned. if you do indeed have an ulcer or the beginning of one, TRUST ME....get it taken care of!!!! it can become really serious (i almost died from mine cause i lost 7 pints of blood) i hope i'm not freaking you out, cause i dont mean too, it is possible you may have some kind of tummy bug also. but i would recommend having it checked out to be sure. you have alot of the same symtoms as i did. Also take the prilosec in the mean time. i'm now on a rx version of the same medicine and have felt ALOT better ever sonce. the funny thing in all this is that i have never had heart burn at all, so who would have known, LOL

please let me know how your doing, i'll be checking in throughout the day....

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Congrats on 28 days!
I am not sure about detoxing from the drug you were on but I do know detoxing from xanax and alcohol messed up my stomach very bad for along time. The nurse in the hospital gave me natural prune juice the 2nd day of detox and I was doubled over very sick. The detox dr. yelled at me, (how was I to know).

Perhaps the drug is still in your intestinal tract. I did drink a lot of water, stayed away from sugar, and caffeine. Hope you feel better.  
Helpful - 0
Oh my!!!!!  This is something that I haven't shared!!!!!!!  My stomach is soooooo bloaded and gaassy!!!!!!!  If I have anything to eat my stomach just bloats and I think I have quite a bit of water retention(at least this is what I'm telling mysellf) .  I've been taking murilax and I donn' t know if that is helping or  hurting!  Yesterday I actualy gavve myself an enema. I started walking yesterday too hopefuly this will get things going!!!!  Sorry I know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
203003 tn?1210855907
thank you everyone for posting back to me, i think its just my stomach getting back to normal but it just came very abruptly thats why i was worried. i just went to the bathroom, it was normal for the most part, maybe im still just cleaning my body out who knows! but my back hurts and stuff im so gassy its friggen annoying and frustrating!! if it doesnt go away in a couple days ill go see a doctor but shes the type to just write a script and tell me to come back in a couple weeks, and i dont like that. ANYWAYS thank you all for your posts back!!

TINK, i miss you & luv you! I hope you are doing well :) I left you a comment on myspace awhile go :) KISSES!!!
Helpful - 0
hi honey just a suggestion for you have you tried any anti-gas simethicone  its just a otc med I use Phazyme it helps get rid of the gas and this brand does not cause the diarrea that some kinds do. Good luck and stay strong. fedup
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.