Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To Anyone

I am on day 23. I do not want to freak anyone out who is going thru w/ds, but I have many questions today. A couple of weeks ago I was doing great. It all started last week. I just do not want to get out of bed. I am so tired and achy all I want to do is
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
scream! I just do not have any energy and I read below about some others who are having the same problem with thier stomachs. I just have no appetite and everytime I eat I get really bloated! Does anyone know how much longer I am going to feel this way?
Helpful - 0
I can totally empathize w/you desertgirl. I am in my tenth week and have lost several lbs. I now weigh 95lbs and still losing. I have no appetite and feel full after eating very little. I have to force myself to eat and nothing tastes good to me. So, I too would like to know how long this might last. Thank you to anyone who may be able to help.
God Bless,
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
I'm in the same baot with the bloating!!!!!  I'm on day 33 on day 31 energy started coming back.  I don't know if it has anything to do with quiting the sleeping meds or not.  I had at least two energy dips during this venture. However, if I looked back at how much energy I had the week prior I could see I was improving.  Hope that makes sense.  My bloating feels as though it coming with weight gain though.  Like my whole system broke down and won't digest anything.  It's very uncomfortable.  I won't let my husband touch me.  Anyone having any history with this?
Helpful - 0
My withdrawal lasted about two months. During this time I lost seventeen pounds. I couldn't eat or sleep. I was continually paranoid and had many anxiety attacks and was continually irritated by everything and everyone. During this time my wife had to put up with my snappy moods and stupidity. After the second month my body began to respond and my mind began to settle down. As my weight began to return and my mind began to settle down. I still had a spate of moody feelings. By the end of the third month my weight was just below normal ( I gained twelve pounds ) and I was thinking pretty much normal. Each of us has a a body clock which must complete it's task at it's own pace. Some will be able to do it in a short time, others will take much longer.
Helpful - 0
I have tears in my eyes just knowing that I am okay and this is normal. I have just been pushing and pushing myself and it is sooo hard. I am very proud of myself for being clean now. Congrats to everyone else as well. I know now that it's okay for me to be feeling like this. I am just going to do what I can one day at a time and stop worrying about it. I have lost 15 lbs and it's going down again. Not to worried about that though. Will keep up with the fluids too. Going to take a nap, cannot keep my eyes open, lol. Thanks again : )
Helpful - 0
I have a similiar problem but slightly different (I always have a catch heh):

I can eat fine - actually, I've gained weight (only lord knows how with the amount I've been fighting with the runs - sorry for being graphic).

*However* drinking is my problem. I can't drink more thank a gulp or two of water. Even stuff I really like (Orange Juice, Pepsi, Gatorade, etc...), I drink more than a gulp or two, and I feel really bloated. It scared me at first, I thought I was having a liver flare up -- I even look bloated -- though, some of it is probably from the recent weight gain.

My stomach is usually not happy with me -- I feel ok for about 20m after eating, but then the 'sour stomach' comes back. The same kind of feeling you get the day after having a few drinks.

I'm at day 18 -- I had expected to be back to normal by now.

Also - energy -- I had none the past few days. I went from so-so energy wise, to completely wiped out in the afternoons by day 13ish. Yesterday was the first time in a few days I was ok in the afternoon. Even today, I'm doing ok energy wise - though I feel like I'm losing motivation... and my mood is frustrating me -- I'm not depressed, but I got this feeling like "I don't care". People come to me for help at work, and I just want them to go away. This is not me - I'm normally very bubbley, but now I'm just faking smiles and feigning interest.

Hopefully things come back to normal soon for all of us! :)
Helpful - 0
I am really curious about the amount of meds you went off of and if it was c/t or taper.  I am just wondering if the same thing happens whether you do a good long taper or if it doesn't make a difference.  And how long were you taking the meds and at what dosage, as well as what were the meds you were taking?

I am sure all of you have posted this stuff before but it is hard to keep track of and I think it would be helpful to find out if there is a way to avoid this.

Are you all taking vitamins and such as well?  Had you gained weight while on the meds?

Thanks for your help!

SB
Helpful - 0
I was on oxycontin for about a month. I was taking 20 mgs twice a day. I suddenly stopped taking them without advice from my doctor who placed me on them to begin with. I struggled for about two months before iIwas able to start towards being human again. A further two or three weeks completed the deal. Going c/t or taking meds to help the withdrawal are somewhat similar. Regardless of which method you use the most important ingredient is willpower.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.