Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Why am i having trouble sleeping?? Can you guys help?

for the past 4-5 months ive ben using pain killers 3 days a week, usaully on thurs, fri and saturday. each day ill take about 8 hydros, 500mgs each. Im not psychically addicted yet but i do have alot of trouble sleeping during the week so ive been taking one .5mg xanax each night during the week to help me sleep on sun-wed. will i get psychcally addicted to xanax if i keep using like that and are there any other alternitives to falling asleep without drugs?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
try melatonin.  Great sleep and no side affects.  Here's some more info. that might help...

http://www.effectivesleepsolutions.com/?hop=jumpmom2

http://www.naturalsleepsecrets.com/?hop=jumpmom2

http://www.homemademedicine.com/pernicious-anemia-sleep-problems-insomnia.html?hop=jumpmom2

Helpful - 0
stop stop stop, i started taking a few a week and ended 30 hours ago after taking 8 -10 a day for the past 8 years, dont fool yourself, you already have a problem and need to get it gone asap of it will be much much harder to deal with later. do not take another and tell yourself it's not a problem because it is.
good luck
Helpful - 0
Please don't take my post wrong but I have to be honest. First if you keep on this path you will become addicted and trust me you don't want that. I started out just like you when it came to hydrocodone and it slowly krept up on me and I become a full blown addict. So if you can do one thing for yourself that will be the best thing you can ever do stop taking both hydro and xanax. Please stop now.

If you read through the posts you will see how hard we struggle and I bet if you asked any of us if we could change one thing from our past it would be the day we started abusing drugs.

I am not referring to those that need it for pain because they need these drugs. I am talking about those of us that use it to get high and for fun. You have that chance now so do it!

As for sleep well for about 18 yrs I have taken something for sleep and now I can't get to sleep w/o something.

I started with tylenol pm. But when I started using vicodin I switched to benedryl. I still take benedryl and probably will for the rest of my life. I also take trazadone for sleep. I can take those forever if I need too.

You don't want to be like me so why not suffer for a few nights and then let your natural sleep brain take over?  I know you don't want to get addicted to xanax either.

So there is my advise. Please do not get upset. I am just trying to protect you from the hell these drugs have done to me. I lost a promotion at work because of these pills. I have wasted countless hours of my life just to get a Rx. If I don't stop now I will lose everything. And now for me to get well I have to spend 8 mos in Intensive Outpatient instead of enjoying my summer.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.