Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hurting

I am a 39 year, married mother of 4 daughters. I started taking oxycoddone about 8-9 months ago. Always had knee problems and the pill were around as my husband was going thru chemo. My availability to meds have finally stopped, Thank the Lord. I did hurt my knee pretty bad last month by falling thru a floor vent in my house and twisting my knee. Hopefully no sergery is needed and I am not asking for any meds even if it does bother me. I am on day 4 without any meds. I have been restless, achy, hurting, vomiting, had diaria etc. I had been using 1-2 10 mg a day and tapered off to 1/2 in morning to 1/2 in evening. Now nothing but Alprazalam (use for sleeping ususlly) and ibuprofen. Does anyone have any aadvice. I am a stay at home mom and only have the 2 year old with me but it is hard as she wants my attention 24/7.
Guess I just looking for something to make this easier but there may be no other choice than to suffer.

Thanks
Kristina for the Big State of TEXAS
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
oh my poor you! you are probably almost over the worst..i take requip for RLS..It works wonders..I am trying to taper right now and scared as hell to stop..BUt you have stopped so that is good..There are alot of people here that have been through this more than me..They will try to help you..Sorry about your husband too..i will pray for you ...I have never vomited with w/d's so that has to be horrible with a 2 yr old..Do you have any support or help that can help you take care of her while you are going through this??
stay with us and people here will try to help you with advice.
god bless you sweetie!!!
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Oh my goodness, you are in the same position I was in, had to do it alone.  You should try drinking Immodium, I have read that taking it in larger amounts, will help with the WD syptoms.  You should google it to see how much you should take, but I have read that it does help.  And for the vomitting, get some ginger root, boil some water, and take a peeled piece, and grate about a teaspoon into the water.  Take it off the heat, and let it steep for about 5 minutes.  It tastes spicy, but if you add honey, or sugar, it WILL help you.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.