Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
202347 tn?1189755825

tztlady, Brian, Bobbyjean,slowlybetter!! Talk to me

AAAAHHHHH I can't sleep it's now 5am here and all of these posts are on  pages 3 and 4 now so I have been trying to catch up some. Brian I will e-mail you and I would love to know the long story if you have the time to share!

Thank you all for your trmemdous support and seeing who I really am really means so much to me here.

Bobbyjean, I wanted to get to your post all **** day but it was sooo hectic and the more I read through the posts, everyone was telling you a lot of the same things I would have, I knew everyone would jump on that post and you would be just fine but yes it does make a huge difference in c/t and tapering and I would like to chat with you if you want since you should be going through the worst of it now(72 hrs).

tztlady, I am having such a hard time gatting all these posts in order and new ones popping up all the time but I want to talk to you also, please let me know how you are doing!

Slowlybetter, I got to read some of what you wrote under bobbyjeans post and I would like to know how everything is going for you right now!

Much Love to all of you guys!

xoxo- D.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
How are you?  It made me feel good that you posted a comment to me.  Sometimes I feel "out of the loop" since I have been reading for so long but don't post that often.

I just want to tell you first off, I am sorry you have been criticized like you have been.  I just don't get it.  If you were being someone you aren't as someone implied then you sure are good at guessing all the scientific things!  :)  I personally appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge with the rest of us.  I also know how hard a good education is to acquire and all the years you have invested in it, so thank you for sharing.

I am doing okay.  I still have pain problems, in fact a 'new' problem showed up on a scan when I had a check up.  This explains why my pain didn't go away completely with the surgery.  So I am waiting.  I didn't take any pain meds (other than anti-inflammatories) for six days and did pretty well.  Now I am taking small amounts to just help take the edge off.  It made me feel more in control and like I will be just fine once this pain is completely (or at least resolved a little more).  I can take some pain, just not sharp continuous pain.  Was that what you were wondering about with me?  I wasn't completely sure what you were wondering.

I hope you have a good energetic day in spite of getting up so early.

SB
Helpful - 0
Hello and thanks for thinkin' of me.    I am just this morning beginning my first day without any norco.  I had two yesterday morning, two the morning before last, 3 on Sunday.   I have had a few chills and haven't been able to eat much but the ultram is helping me.  Last time I did this I couldn't go to work.  This time I have soma, ultram and xanax to help.  So far I haven't had to use the xanax.  I just take 2 50 mg ultram in the morning, one at noon, 2 at night.  If I feel the muscle aches coming on I take one soma.  I always wait a few hours after the ultra before taking the soma.   I'm not sure if I should be taking soma and ultram together.

The ultram doesn't give me a buzz but it seems to be helping with the wds and it helps a little with my back pain.  Actually, I'm embarrassed to say this but....so does stretching..............hmmmmm.......perhaps I just convinved myself I needed 8-12 norcos a day "for my back".
Thanks for all your help and I'll keep ya posted, I respect your profession.  I got my Masters a few years back (in human services with an emphasis on community counseling).  I ended up teaching, which I love.  I'd love to go into your line of work. The kids I teach are emotionally disturbed (teens) and I'm good at what I do and am fed up with the education system in many ways.
Do you have to have a doctorate?  I have a friend who has her own practice and she had to get a phd.
Hugs,
tzt
Helpful - 0
I just absoutly love you thanx for all the kind words you leave for them and all of us and thx so much for your concern with my recovery  Keri
Helpful - 0
ok email me!  
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Yes! that is what I was wondering. What type of scan did you have? if you don't mind saying. Have the anti-inflammatories been helping the pain? I hope you don't feel bad for taking small amounts of your meds to take the edge off the pain, it's not like you're abusing your meds.What they found on your scan, I'm guessing another surgery required? or they want to give you more pain meds right? The board was just moving so fast the past couple days and I have been concerned about you since we last talked, just wanted to know how you were feeling.

Thank you for your kind words again. You know, on the internet it is inevitable that someone like myself is going to be accused of all sorts of things. When I was 19 and 20 I was always accused of posting fake pictures, I would go meet people just to prove them wrong, people I had no interest in meeting just to shove it all in their face, watch them drool and walk away. Completely REDICULOUS!!! I know. We all have flaws and my pride is one of them. It really doesn't show unless someone accuses me of being someone I'm not or doing something I didn't then there is just this hateful overwhelming urge to put them in their rightful place. It is something I have seen in myself for so long and have had to work on for many many years b/c the truth is I am a very loving and giving person. It's just that a few certain things push my buttons and I just have to let that misery that someone else experiences not get into my life. My energy and time is so much better spent with my patients, my fam. and talking to supportive people like you guys.

Anyhow, just keep us updated and let us know how you are!

Much love
xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Wow, you are doing great on your taper! It is fine to take a soma with an ultram at the same time but if you don't need to then don't. Just don't start the xanax unless you only plan on taking it for 1-3 days, any longer than that and you'll need to taper them. You cannot stop taking a benzodiazepine cold turkey it's too dangerous (seizures, stroke, possibly death)

I have been a teacher also! I counseled jr high for a while during my undergrad and taught 5th and 6th grade sunday school since I was 15. I worked with elementary students for a while also. Yes I have 2 doctorates. You don't have to have a doctorate to have your own practice but you have a much more difficult time if you dont. In order to open your own practice you have to have a masters in psych. that is accredited in that state for licensing. 3000 hrs. of internship (750 of which you can get paid for during the masters). You have to wait 18 months after finishing the masters to apply for licensing up north in sacramento (that is if u live in calif.) They do the 18month thing b/c they want you to do the internship after you finish the masters program. A lot of people don't know this but you do not have to do a masters before the doctorate. You can apply directly from undregrad to a doctorate program but the chances for getting accepted into medical school are 1 in every 8, chances of getting accepted to a doctorate program are 1 in 5, chances of getting accepted to doctorate program out od undergrad 1 in 10, the look on your face when you grauate with honors.....PRICELESS LOL! I just made myself laugh, that came to me as I was finishing writing.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.