Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 4---Need some help/advise Kinda SCARED for hubby

Good evening everyone---

Hubby had a good day still exhusted & full of hot flashes but now tonight he has started with a horrrible headache and his B/P is 139/95.  Top number is not too bad but he usually runs about 105 it is the bottom number I am concerned about.  He usually runs about 65-70.  What can he do to get this down.  I know dark chocolate for one.  His stomach is not liking it but he is eating a bit of it now.  I have tried to take you alls advise about leaving him be and giving him space but he does not want me out of his sight and wants to love & hug on me despite it all and I got to say I don't mind a bit:)  I have missed him so much since he started on this morphine----it is nice getting him back and he says the same in return.  Just got to get him clean again to get him back.  So......any help with this blood pressure would be greatly helpful.  Thanks to all of you wonderful people!!!!!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Docs usually prescribed clonidine to help with this.. if you are able to speak to his doc it can help alot..
Helpful - 0
As long as her wants you around that great.  I just didn't want you  to be hurt if he started to push you away.  (that could still happen)  Clonidine for tha blood pressu I still have some from detox, I wish I could e-mail them to you.  I'm not sure of anything over the counter for that.  They seem to give blood bressure meds for detox patience.  Wait my husband takes blood pressure med and the Dr says it basicly a water pill.  I wonder if anyone knows anything about.  maybe Dutchess knows!!!!!!  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.