Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To Jeff

I posted on your response to me Jeff. Now the schedule you had was for tramadol only, correct? OK and you said you werent sure if it would work on hydros or percocet. And again I appreciate your response. So heres a silly question. If i have 300 5 milligram percocets and 120 tramadols(which I dont know what strength,i thought the nurse said 40 milligrams,they should be her by tomorrow,they come in through the VA) do you think I should just try tramadol and no percs or maybe try the percs in the same way as you suggested. If i went straight to tramadol with no percs, i imagine i will feel some distress? Again, the nurse said try the tramadol and if that didnt work we would cross that bridge. I know you might get tired along with some of the others always having to retalk about the same things. Sorry,but congrats to all of you who give us what you can.
                                   elvistcb
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You have 300 5mg percs?  dang !!  OK i am over that now, You got to decide what you want to do.. if you want to get off the pills now then stop taking the percs and start a taper schedule with the tramadol.. by the way the tramadol is most likely 50mg tabs... if i was you and i am speeking only for myself, i would finish the perks and then use the tramadol to taper off the pills all together.... the tramadol will relieve your WDs from the perks but the dawn side is dont take to long tapering with the tramadol because you can get addicted to it as well.... I never had the luck to get a Dr to give me perks so i dont really know if you will be able to get off the perks by tapering with tramadol.. tramadol is not a narcotic but it works on the brain like a narcotic, it gives you that BUZZ like narcotics and kills the pain as well..
     On the other hand if you have a condition that causes you a lot of pain then you might want to cut way back on the perks and just use it to manage your pain,, I dont know your complete history and how redealy a supply of perks you will have in the future, if you are not going to be able to get the perks for very much longer i would start tapering off on the perks and slowly take less and less of them untill they are gone and then if you start having WDs try using the trtamadol to releave the WDs and eventualy taper off it as well..It all depends on your situation and how much pain meds you have and how much you will be getting in the future... the best advise i can give you is just try to get yourself on a minamal daily dose and try to just take the pills to manage your pain so you will have a better quality of life... That is my bigest problem , I have pinched nerves and i need something to manage my pain in order to be able to work.. that is why i use KRATOM an herb from Tiland, Kratom works like a painkiller if used by making a tea from the leave and is WAY less addictive than perks. Holla back at me if you got anymore questions i log on here every hour or so and check posts.. I dont mind helping people on here because i know what most are going thru with addiction because i been there myself.. dr shopping to get pills and faking pain to get what i could, i think we all have dont it once or twice.. ---jeffjeff
Helpful - 0
I appreciate everything. I too have two herniated discs that are pinched. I see an ortho surgeon in July. I have seen them before but didnt reallly like the idea of surgery. Yea as you know the pain can be debilitating. I soak in the tub a lot just for that comfort. Was crushed in a bomb elevator on an Aircraft Carrier back in 1980 and the problems just got worse over time. I was still very active and physical, but about 3 years ago it just started getting worse. Hell, i was playing softball at 42 better than 80 percent of my team mates. I have definitely been limited lately. I will try all of your suggestions, The doc knows from the MRIs and everything that the pain is legitimate. When you said Wow 300 percs, It sounds like a lot but on some of the posts ive read about people taking 20 or more oxy 40s a day. I usually take 2 every 4 to 6 hours but regardless of pain or not, i know what the end result is going to be. ONE way or another it has to end. My Dr. is very understanding and knows I want to wean off. It just seems that people here have that (ON  The Job Training of it) compared toa DRs advice. And Im no different than anyone else here. Its like a catch 22 situation. Ill keep in touch and appreciate everything.
                                                              elvistcb
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.