Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i wouldn't wish this on anyone :(

well its been two days now and im just not getting any better. i can not eat, sleep , or even really get out of bed i have the worst headache still and nothing will make it go away. i took a motrin 800 and still nothing. My boyfriend keeps asking me whats wrong with you , why are you so moody? i want to say im DETOXING YOU B*astard!!!!! but i cant he says its all in my head , i told him to get on here and read some of this stuff and he said no that it will just make him mad cause i have been lieing to him , cause hes taken my xanax befor so he says you did fine with out it untill now so whats the problem , well no i havent cause when he took them i got more :( he dont know that. how long will this last? does any one know???
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hear ya loud and clear.  I had severe, and I mean SEVERE, w/d symptoms from going off of lorazepam (ativan) c/t (not by choice, but because my script ran out, I had just had surgery, I wasn't able to get in to my neurologist who prescribes them for me a few months at a time, and my doctor wasn't returning my phone calls for the refill).  Anyway, I know first-hand what you're going through.  It's awful.  I wouldn't have wished it on my worst enemy either.  It's NOTHING like opiate w/d's, and as I found out, MUCH more serious and physically harmful.  Please go to the ER and tell them what is happening.  They will immediately give you something to stop the w/d's and you will have to taper slowly to get off the xanax (if that's what your intention was to begin with).  You just cannot go c/t off of a benzo.  It's not safe, it's not recommended, and it will make you go crazy in the process!  I swear, I wanted to die when I was in the middle of all that.  Please get to an ER if you can.  Can you??  
Helpful - 0
I feel you, just by your writing. Your saying your boyfriend still has your xanax?
If it gets worse i would take some action. How old are you? Do you have any responsible adult you can call and explain situation. It is dangerous to stop taking them like that. is your boyfriend by your side at least? helping you, making you dinner and some tea or something?
If you feel that it is getting worst, then let us know. Tell us what you can. We will try and help.
Maybe, do some research on the web,like WEBMD. And try to find something that says it is dangerous to do what he is doing. And show him.
Keep updaing as to how u doing. OK.
take care. i pray for you tonight.
Helpful - 0
Im sorry i thought or should say assumed u were w/d from hydro or oxys i didnt know it was from xanax but all in all you should go to ER i heard it is very dangerous to go ct from benzos luv u and good luck~~~Chros
Helpful - 0
I dont want to make it anyworse than it is but you need to know that detoxing from xanax is nothing like detoxing from opiates. I have been on a forum for about a year concerning benzodiazepenes. You are not going to feel better in 4 to7 days like everyone here says about opiates. You need to get back on some kind of Benzo and take months to wean yourself off. Your natural GABA receptors are virtually going crazy right now. As I said in an earlier post, i was on xanax for 9 years, and never abused it. It did wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks. But when i was out for a few days, then i could not function whatsoever. And I had no clue, The Drs. never said anything like that would happen. Please go and get to the er. and tell them,your situation. Valium would be a very good way for you to wean yourself off. Xanax will leave your body in maybe 12-20 hours, but valium has actibe metabolites and can have a life of up to 160-200 hours so your body doesnt have the shock like your having. And its only going to get worse. I posted to you on your other post about a website to go to. IM not trying to scare you, I just want you to go and get help. IF you want to talk and I know right now its hard to do anything, just post. Your frigging boyfriend should have his a-- kicked.    elvistcb
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
TELL THE bf LYING IS SOMETHING WE DO AND THAT THERE IS HOPE!  Please read my detox story.
Helpful - 0
Hey i just went to the docter today regarding my horrible headaches which little does she know are from detox she gave me samples of mobic she said is a combination muscle relaxer for headaches and another med it really helped mine maybe ask your doc hope this helps luv ya ~~~~Chros
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.