Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Advice?

Still feeling (after three weeks without pills (tramadol)) as if I have been hit by a truck, every body part is aching, and I can hardly will myself to put one leg in front of the other. How long will this last, I wonder?

I do force myself to do ordinary chores (and work), but it is hard, and I want to feel better NOW. I have been watching myself - if that is possible - and I really do not feel depressed, I want to do lot of things, and I make lots of plans (that I can't carry out unfortunately), so I really don't think that is the reason, it really feels like physical symptoms, but it is still like a terrible flu, where you can't do anything.

If anyone have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Sorry for not posting much and thereby not helping others, hopefully I will be better soon.
Minnie
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This could last up to a month or 2 I'm afraid if it goes on any longer I suggest going to a doctor
Helpful - 0
You're probably still going through withdraws try changing your diet and walking around drink plenty of water try to do relaxing activities and try not to strain your body
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
the next wedding is a week from today...yippee...wooohooo ! ! !

the "letting go" is going great...i'm starting to like this.  shopped all day wednesday and thursday...for myself...and did absolutely nothing concerned with the wedding.   i even had a long talk with mackenzie's (g/f) mother.   i explained to her that everyone was different and we all have "our way"...but...I WAS EXTREMEMLY PISSED AT THE WAY SHE HAS HANDLED THIS WEDDING.   i told her that the money wasn't the problem...that i would do the wedding myself if need be...BUT...to also put all the leg work on me was not fair...i blasted her for going out of town for the last two weekends...long weekends (sat - wed.)...and not helping her own daughter with the things that she needs done.   mackenzie's sister is the maid of honor and she doesn't even have a dress yet...do you know what that means...we have no complimentary color yet...HELLO...one week away.  oh well...not my problem any more.   both kids understand now that i have busted my a** but that the rest is left up to her mom...and if it doesn't get done...it is not my fault.   i made her a list of things that i expect her to do for this wedding...including everything that i have done so far...starting to delegate...hehe...and have shown that to the kids too...that way they see it in black and white...and know who to blame.   i feel bad that i have had to be so brutal but what else could i do?

the thought of having two more sons to go through this with one day is scary...but...i will make sure...from the start...that this does not happen again...lol

feel better minnie...
huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
You are always so sweet!!

How are you doing? How is all this "letting go of control" working out? Probably not as easy as it sounds. When is the next wedding? Speaking of weddings didn't Stephanie have the most wonderful golden wedding gown?  

Please remember to take care of yourself.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
damn woman...this has kicked your a**...hasn't it?  i so wish there was something i could do to help you feel better...enough is enough ! ! ! ! !  !

hopefully someone will give you some wonderful advice and you will start to perk up soon.   i think everyone understands why you haven't been around much lately...BUT...i'm sure they also look forward to the day that you will return...filled with wisdom and compassion for those who are in the same place as you.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.