Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mobic?

I remember reading in some post (but can't remember which one) something about someone being on Mobic for headaches.  What exactly is Mobic (what are the major ingredients) -- can anyone tell me?  I'm still looking for a good alternative to hydros to help me with chronic tension headache pain....  Thank you!  ~K.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
202347 tn?1189755825
hrosty just got on mobic for headaches. It is an NSAID like motrin and naproxen, a COX1 and 2 inhibitor (pretty complex process but i'll give the info. if you would like it) It pretty much works the same way motrin and naproxen do as an anti-inflammatory and mild muscle relaxant, but is longer lasting so it can be dosed once a day.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Thank you!  I thought it was an anti-inflammatory.....but didn't realize it also was a muscle relaxant.  Hmmmm...  Well, I've tried prescription-strength doses of naproxen, and that hasn't done a thing for me, but maybe this Mobic (or however it's spelled) is stronger....?  I've also been prescribed Flexeril (about 10 years ago), but I stopped taking that because I didn't like the fact that I was always so darned tired in the morning from taking it at night.  I'm assuming the muscle relaxant property in the Mobic is a little tamer though....?  Well, thank you very much for the info.  I'll have to ask Chrosty how it's going for her.....  Thanks!   ~K.
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Yes the muscle relaxant properties are much milder. While naproxen and motrin are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories,(NSAIDs), flexeril and somas are muscle relaxants- they are sesigned to do specifically this. Celebrex is an NSAID that is more like Mobic, someone in the forum just got on celebrex not that long ago, I apologize I cannot remember who. You might want to post and ask. Chrosty will be at work all day but usually gets on at night, she just got her rx yesterday
xoxo-D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.