Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

Re~post To The Newbie from fishmeal with Dutchessgolden's take added

I hope you all don't mind this is a re-post from yesterday specifically intended for people just getting here and I added "The Dutchess'" comments below.

If you are brand new or hovering this might help
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My new doctor has in huge letters, highlighted, do not give opiates (aat my request).  he made it so bold just incase one of his paartners treaat me in his absence..  
Helpful - 0
nice post but "these pills should be outlawed",,Thousands of people need this medication and take it in a responsable way.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
yea, good point, I guess we have to learn or learn not to use them responsibly.  To bad many aren't put through a crash course on using them and this site could be required reading... I never saw it coming even 1/10th of what it was.  I have drank alcoholically in the past and have been able to detox myself ~~~~but this!
Helpful - 0
thanks for the post back,,,,,I"m with you ,,not the thousands lol
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Yes it is true, there are thousands of people who do need the medication, they do exist for a reason as do other medications. I can see where you are coming from fish b/c it is personal with you and the pills as it is with many here. And there would be no pain relief for many people if everything was medically explained to them prior to taking the prescription. There would be little of any medication prescribed if it were all explained prior to use, hence the patient leaflets you get at the pharmacy with your script.- just the basics of how to be careful and as with all opiates it says "do not take more of this medication than what is prescribed" and often "taking more of this medication than directed can cause breathing problems" and usually "do not stop taking this medication without first consulting your doctor" It is a difficult situation on the whole. Thanks for reposting this fish, it is a great post and I am really glad to hear you are doing so well and that you and wife are doing so well, I'm really proud of you, I know you have to be proud of you also. Very Cool!

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.