Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TO EVERYONE IN ACTIVE WITHDRAWALS

Hey Guys,
To everyone who is going through withdrawals right now, I want to congratulate you all on your determination and see how you all are doing! Would some of you mind posting what hour/day you are on and how you are feeling?? It's Friday, and at the end of the weekend we'll start a fresh week, so lets celebrate!
And to all of you who are still using, let;s celebrate your FUTURE without pills...we'll get you all to that point!
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
I am new to post a comment, but have been reading everyones posts for quite some time. I am currently 12 days into finally ending a three year, almost 480mgs a day, addiction to axycontin. I have the usual story with a kicker, I lost my husband to oxy;s but was so addicted myself that I could not stop. I managed to spend almost $80,000 on them in the last 10 months alone. Having gone through this process I am certain that with help and perserverence, I will not relapse. But easier said than done, especially since I have so many times before. I just never got to the point of normalcy. Everyday that passes I feel better. But I cannot kick the RLS...Does anyone know how long that lasts..Anyway...just looking for advice is all..Thanks..
Helpful - 0
the above posted comment was intended for you. I'm still figuring this site out.
Helpful - 0
Hi all....first time I've ever seen this site.  A couple of years ago I became addicted to percocet--25-30 pills per day for a full year.  I kicked cold turkey and God I thought I was dying.  Surrounding myself with family and friends helped but after approx 4 weeks of withdrawls things calmed a bit.....until I started again a month or so later.  Six months more and I decided to go to the methadone clinic so that I could function and work and carry on as normally as possible.  I was on meth for 10 months and got no higher than 55 mg per day thanks to a doctor that wanted to see me off the stuff eventually.  I ended up topping up my doses in the final months with percocet and realized that this is not the path for me.  On Wednesday May 16th I didn't go for my meth dose and I haven't been since.   The first 3 days were bareable but than the nightmare began......WORSE than the pills alone ever were. My legs felt like corkscrews were twisting the muscles at the very core and my lower back and neck felt broken.  My brain was a horrifying show of fireworks and my ears were ringing in agony.  On the verge of some very scary thoughts I brought my ass to my family doctor (rather than hiding my secrects with the clinic doctor) and she has been very helpful.  I've been prescribed 0.1 mg Clonodine 3 times daily and the legs and fireworks ended instantly.  I've also been given Toradol (anti-inflamatory) and Imovane (sleep) but I don't really like the massive lag these have on me.  My doctor's got me seeing her 4 times a week right now and I've volunteered to leave samples as often as requested.  I'll be completely honesty with you all.....I still feel like **** but the extremes have diminished drastically.  I awoke this morning (after very broken sleep patterns as normal now) and I was hoping to feel that little sign of being just a bit better as I have a few mornings lately---NOT TODAY...I feel rough.... I did treatment six times in the late 80's and early 90's for Cocaine and managed to stay clean for many years before finding the devil known as OPIATE.....NOTHING I've ever been through before is this hard and I HOPE AND PRAY FOR EVERYONE OF YOU TODAY BECAUSE i KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. It has been real nice being able to chat with others hear today...just like the old days of N.A. and the steps that kept me clean for years.
PLEASE remember---COURAGE IS SIMPLY FEAR HOLDING ON JUST A MINUTE LONGER.....find your inner spirit and find someone who loves you.

Can't wait to talk again
JOVL
Helpful - 0
woohoo, first day and I feel like ****, but I logged in, so it's a start, right?
Helpful - 0
Gosh, I remember when you first started posting, I can't believe it's been 31 days!  You should be so proud of yourself. I know we're proud of you I hope all will continue to go well, and you keep up your strength!
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Jeff- Yes! 31 days!  WOW! Thats amazing!

Fishmeal- Suboxone was wonderful for me too, I've been off for about a month now, I don't remember what day I stopped, but I had zero problems with stopping, and I too am sleeping like a baby(if it weren't for stress) most of the time.  I don't have to take one thing to sleep at night.  I never had any carvings with suboxone, and still don't.  I'm right where you are, where the thought of it actually makes me sick to think about.

Rebecca~..~
Helpful - 0
YAH !! i am 31 days clean today, my WDs are  gont i feel better, the depression is still a prob but ill get that under control soon. I never thought i would get this far. a month ago the thoughts of being out of pills horrified me, 2 to 3 days before i would run out i would start to worry about how to get more.. i dont have that worry anymore and never will again. all of you here have helped me so much and i thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being there for me during the first 3 weeks of hell... Tramadol was my demon for 2 years and i am free from it at last..  to all of you who are just starting , PLEASE PLEASE logon to this site, there are tons of good people here willing to help you every step of the way.. without everyone of you i could not be where i am today
thank you all so much  "God Bless You"    ---JeffJeff
                                                            Western Ky.
Helpful - 0
DAY 1  I want to rip my skin off.  i feel like all of my nerves are going crazy.  I was taking 240 every 7-10 days it is a 20 day script to none. I also take oxycontin every 12 hrs. also not taking that either.  please help.  when will this stop?
Helpful - 0
First  of all, CONGRATS on day 1!!! Making the choice to stop, and actually going a whole first day without a pill, is so hard, isn't it? I am so happy! You guys dont know how much better you will feel! The past few days, I have felt so stupid, like I sound like a dumb cheerleader, but I can't help it! I am so excited for you guys! Day 3 should be the hardest...when, exactly, is 24 hours for you? meaning, is this day 1 for you guys in the sense that you haven't had anything since last night? By next week, you will feel so much better! Obviously you wont feel a hundred percent, but you'll feel good enough that you'll thank God you quit!!! ( and I don't push religion...just a quote I use often, and prob should say "higher power", but always forget...so please everyone, don't get offended by that...whether you all are Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Athiest, etc. is not my business, it's just a quote I use, ok? Don't want to hurt anyones feelings, cuz some people can be sensitive about that).
Anyways, talk to me. Whats goin on with you guys tonight? Symptoms, feelings, etc? I'll be here on and off all night...if I don't respond right away that means I am prob dealing with my 2 year old!!! LOL
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm coming off fentanyl pain patches. I started at 100mcg/hr and I'm now down to mcg. The problem is that my dr. has me wait until I stabilized after each taper until she will let me make another -ne. The next one will be the biggie. Finally, off the patches for good. I can't wait. After my surgeries a nurse practitioner put me on them. This was done in rehab so by the time my surgeon or family dr. knew about it, it was too late. I was hopelessly addicted by then and my drs. weren't happy. It's been a long process to w/d and each time I go down in patch mcg's I go through a w/d. Rls, no sleep, gastrointestinal. no appetite, and the worst depression. There are a few "patchers" here, but they don't post much. The friend that has been my support is manonfire. He knows a lot about the w/d from fentanyl and he also reminds me to focus and remember what brings me peace. I don't know what I would do without him.  Most of you have been a big help, and I appreciate it.
Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I wish there was a way for you to take Suboxone... this is my second day without it after 4 weeks on... it really was the easiest way... I felt a little sluggish yesterday but nothing and I mean nothing like the wd's from hydros.  I am sleeping like a baby too.  Good to see you here and stay with it... it is the best thing that I have ever done~~~ getting off... I have no cravings whatsoever!  The idea of taking them disgusts me.
take care of yourself!
Jim
Helpful - 0
WoooooHooooo! You're getting there...I know this sounds stupid, but doesn't  it make you proud of yourself that you are doing it?? I think I also posted something to you below somewhere, but my mind is so out of it today, lol. I haven't stopped running errands all week, it seems! Congratulations! 8 from 30...YES!!
Helpful - 0
i am down from 30 a day to 8.  today is the first day on taking 8.  morning withdrawls are the worst.  i wait untill 10 am to take my first dose.  thanx for caring about us shakers.  you take care too!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.