Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Norco addiction

I've just weined my way down from a 4 year 15-20 pill a day habit, with the help of my boyfriend, who actually had to dispense them to me, but today is actually day one and cravings are pretty bad. I know it's mostly psychological, but the sweating, restlessness, and 4 hours of sleep are getting to me, not to mention the bouts of "nothings gonna make me this happy again"  So my question is, has anyone tried EFT? I read this e-book about this woman who used it to get off vics, but I'm skeptical. I'm also salivating and sneezing a lot is that normal?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your response Pat. I was reluctant to make a posting but am glad I did. I did not make the call but I am at that point where I am finding ways in my mind to make it ok. How are you feeling right now? Whatever you do stay strong. Please Let me know how your ate doing. Thanks and stay strong
Helpful - 0
2107676 tn?1388973859
Yes I have been there and caved countless times.  I am now trying this again and on day 2.  You don't want to be here again and you will if you make that call.  1 is never enough.  
18 days is fantastic.  Try eating some chocolate.  You also need to do something to distract yourself.  Vacuum, anything that will keep you busy..
You also posted on an old thread and you may receive a lot more support if you start your own thread.  There are many here that have a ton of clean time that can help you.
Helpful - 0
Hello everyone, this is my first time ever posting on a forum but I have been reading to get me through my norco withdrawals. I am on my  18th day of sobriety from a 6 to8 pill(10/325) a day habit along with everyday marijuana smoking. I can't begin to tell you how much your words and testimonys have helped me. It is not easy as most of you l know, but keep in mind the alternative is what got us here. I lied about my addiction to everyone including my wife for many years. I kept digging the whole deeper and deeper because of the fear of withdrawals and everyone knowing. I'm writing because the demons are calling and I need some support. I finally got through the hell. It seems to easy to call my friend the pharmacist. Is anyone to my point that has any advice?? Anything helps. Thank you
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I'll be onthelevel with you... many here have done it but I could not... I was near your level and tried everything but a real live detox that let me down easy.  I would get to day 4 and stop the world cause I was going to the pharmacist~!

You might want to read, "To the Newbie," that I wrote.?
Best
Jim
Helpful - 0
What is EFT? Are you still taking pills?
I'm sneezing too! Feels like a bad cold but I know it's not. This week was really bad for pollen in the air.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.