Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mr/Mrs Daytona

You are really doing well Kristi and glad you are drinking the smoothies. If you feel weak, get some OTC potassium pills to take because you lose alot in w/d. I watched intervention last night and felt bad for that guy. The endings were good last night and they look so different when they got clean. It gives you hope, doesn't it? I know you are fighting this hard and you will do it.  
I really feel the w/d's today and feel lousy. I am taking the boys fishing (we live on a lake). I don't feel like doing much of anything but it will be relaxing.
I hope you two have fun at the beach with the kids.

Don't worry about your spelling, it is you that matters.

Be safe, be happy
Tim
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you.  I'm not doing so great today -- actually, so-so.  I still  haven't been able to get off of these things (hydro 10's, was taking 1 a day, then 2 a day, now 3-4 a day....), and I'm trying to figure out how to make myself WANT to get off of them.  I just read a post tonight (can't remember from or to whom), but whomever it was said that he/she just took something like 90 pills in 3 days and yet never even felt a "high" from the pills when he/she took them.  That's amazing to me......but unfortunately, I think I'm kinda there, too (not taking nearly that many, but I mean the feeling of nothing after taking them).  I'm starting not to feel the effects anymore.  Bad sign, I know.  I started on these darned things YEARS ago for relief of bad daily headaches and migraines.  Now, after so many years, I find that these pills are actually GIVING me headaches.  Very disheartening.  They're also starting to make me feel sick and nauseous (I think -- unless it's the migraine -- hard to tell sometimes).  Anyway, that's where I am.  Not anywhere NEAR as far as you or some of the others on here :-(  I honestly don't know how you guys do/did it.  And especially with the kids.  I have a 6 year old daughter and an 8 year old son.  It's really hard sometimes to be a Mommy when I'm feeling crummy because of all this.  My hat is off to you for spending the day doing fun things with your kids, ESPECIALLY only a couple of days into your c/t.  Wow.  That's some strength.  Congrats on your amazing accomplishment to this point, and please continue to post your thoughts and experiences.  It's so helpful to read.  Reading about the accomplishments gives me hope......and even when someone backslides, it still gives me hope and makes me feel not so alone in all of this mess.  Thanks for your reply, and I hope you continue to hang in there (sorry you're feeling so lousy right now....), do well, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Yum, Dairy Queen sounds pretty good right now :-)  
Helpful - 0
Thanks, your post was kind and appreciated. How are you doing today? I am on day 2 w/d and feeling a little lousy. I went fishing with the kids and we caught a few and sent them back to their family, heh heh. I saw a commercial for Dairy Queen that has sundies in chocolate waffle and think I will go get some with the kids. I hope you are having a nice weekend! If you ever need a shoulder, just give a holler.
Tim

Helpful - 0
Wow, when I read the verbal interactions that go on between you guys, it's heartwarming.  THAT is what this forum is all about.  Not the drama, not the debating ideas or what works or doesn't work, or taking offense with something someone said.  It's about offering support to anyone who needs it.  Tim, you do it VERY well.  About the best I've seen.  Blessings and best of everything to all of you (Tim and Mr. and Ms. Daytona).  ~K.
Helpful - 0
well we're headed out (with all 3 kids); think we're going to run up to Ormand Beach.  apparently we have a lot of tourists here today and maybe Ormand won't be so crowded.  we can't stay too long anyway because of the baby but it should be a nice outing.
sorry to hear that you're feeling lousy, but you know it will pass, right?  and atleast you are getting to spend some quality time with your family.
and as always, thanks for the kind words.  
Kristi is having a pretty good day.  she looks tired and thin but she has been drinking the smoothies and she also has been drinking chocolate milk, very cold.
well man, hang in there and if there's anything we can do, let us know.  Ok?
Take care, Mark and Kristi
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.