Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

percocet addiction, first time here have been using for 4 years about 10 1 day

I want to get off these percs I am up to 10 a day.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am trying the tapering method if you would like to talk.  it is hard!
but i was taking 30 vic's a day.  I am down to taking 8 a day.  so far i have not slipped, but i cut off all possible contacts of getting anymore pills.  so if i slip its cold turkey and i do NOT want to do that.  

good luck and write back.

but if you can afford a detox place i agree that is the best alternative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I keep telling myself every time that when I get a new script, this time I will control myself. Yeah, right. Next thing I know, 3-4 days later I'm out and scared to death knowing the withdrawals are coming! Thank God I found out about methadone and have someone who has them on hand. Then again, if I didn't know I could get them, I might have quit altogether by now because of the withdrawals.

I picked the username addicted2pain because I must be addicted to pain because I know when I run out of the pain killers, the pain is on its way!

Some of the stupid stuff we addicts put ourselves through, I guess...

Have a good night and take care of yourself.

Helpful - 0
Hey you sound like me if i have them i take the **** out of them i have no self control only diff is i cannot get my hands on any methodone and no docs around here i live in the sticks will or i dont know if they even can prescibe subox so i had to laugh alittle cuz u just sounded like me for a moment i know i am going to have to do this cold turkey however tried that many times before and never make it past day two but this time i know i have to i am no longer doing the drug--the drug is doing me and i have babies and it is not fair to them cuz the road im on leads to overdose no doubt any way ttyl chros
Helpful - 0
Well, you have some choices, though you seem to have made the hardest and best of all...to quit.

You can, and these are ranked in no particular order,...

1) Go cold turkey. Expect three or more days of intense hell, a bad upset stomach, headache, body aches, restless leg, little sleep, etc. This may be the quickest, but the hardest.

2). Tapering. Take less and less per day, till you are down to just half a pill or so a day. I still believe you will have some withdrawals, but probably not as bad. I can't do this as I don't have the willpower. If I have them, I take them.

3) Detox center. If you have insurance, (I guess that's needed), and can take the time, this is probably the best way. They will get you off the drugs safely and w/medical assistance (suboxone), plus you probably get some education too.

4) My way...I go cold turkey, but get my hands on some methadone. Take 1-2 tem mg's  a day for the first several days. This gets me through the worst of the withdrawals, and from that point on it's a matter of will power.

There are probably other methods, but these are the one's I'm most familiar with. If you do go cold turkey, keep lots of Imodium AD handy, plus some tylenol, advil, etc. Also, if you can, get something to help you sleep. I'd advise to have someone near you aware of the situation to help you out and especially in case of a medical emergency.

It can be done. It sounds hard, but deep down you know it's for the best!

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I posted to you below in your other post. Welcome to the site..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.