Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tapering? cold turkey? schedule? HELP please

a?g
hey so i previously posted a question and more on help for my friend and u guys are seriously amazing..please read it and comment and help is help..but now that she wants to get clean..like what ways or methods? tapering slowly but then she has them with her and somedays she is fine with a few and other days well its another story..cold turkey and just withdrawals for a while?? help please
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
a?g
very true.i'm going to talk to her and see whats up..Thank you..I feel stupid doing this since well its weird but I dont know what to do or anything abouyt the vicodin addiction and needed someone,..thanks
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
If she really wants to quit and control her pain she should get a doc involved.. With tapering she would still be on the meds so it would help her some.. but she would not be able to cheat on her taper if she is hurting...
Helpful - 0
a?g
i dont think she wants to get her parents in..eventhou i told her if she gets worse i will..but the only problem is she does have ohysical pain..thus if tapering or cold turkey then when or how would she take some for the real real pain..like bones and injuries? I dont know im talkin with her tonight but thank you so much
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i just read your post below.. helping your friend like that is awesome.. I had a friend like you when i was in high school and struggling to get off heroin.. we are still friends to this day..
What does she want to do?? Cold turkey or taper??  Tapering should be done slow and steady.. there will be some mild discomfort while tapering.. With cold turkey you get the worst of the physical hell over with in a week or so... and then you are done.. its kinda like pulling off a band aid.. Do you do it in one fast motion? Or do you pull it off slowly??  She is gonna need you either way.. If she tapers she may need you to hold her pills for her.. Can her parents be involved or a doc??  She doesn't need her parents permission of get drug treatment..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.