Aa
A
A
A
Close
209656 tn?1272297065

Fladdict - Maybe this can help (some) with your post on MUSCLE RELAXERS

Spehanie,

With your post on non addictive muscle relaxers, well I know that this advise probalbly won't cut it 100% for you with all your injuries, but when I have had joint, and muscle pain (well this is what took the pain away, so I don't need the Hydro's anymore, this is what I took):

800 IB or 550mg of Naproxen 2 to 2 x daily (RX Perscription)

(Good Vitamin Shop)
Bottled (refrigerated Fish Oil, and Pressed Flaxseed Oil) they are all you essential fatty acids along with GLA which helps produce the good fatty tissues and fluid in your muscles and joints and...

1500mg Glucosamine / 1200 Chondroitin / 500-1000mg MSM

My knees were so bad, that not even the 7.5 Hydro's would take any of the pain away. As soon as I took what I listed above, within DAYS, I started to feel relieve and now and am 100% pain free from a 2 year chronic knee pain just in 3 weeks of taking these things above.

Even, if they give you a perscription for some other meds, try all the good stuff you can get at the nutrional stores along with it, and I know it will some!

God Bless,

Todd
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks.. I already take 800mg IBU when its bad.. my problem isnt really pain as much as it is spasms.. which cause the headaches which then turns to pain.. I will look into those vitamin suggestions though.. I have heard that about fish oil before..
Helpful - 0
There are all kinds of muscle relaxers. Some prescription and some over the counter. The over the counter type usually has a short life and you become immune to them after a while. I was taking Tiaprofenic which helped. Unfortunately I found that most prescription muscle relaxers have a myriad of side effects and a large part of them are addictive. Now, rather than prescription muscle relaxers, I use heat and cold. Heat before excercising and cold after. I also take Tylenol extra strength. You have to be very careful which one you use. Question your doctor or pharmacist about the addictive qualities and decide from there. I have a herniated disc in the lower lumbar area and I have it under control with  what I mentioned above. I walk a lot and the moment I feel any pain I look for a coffee shop and sit there until it subsides. The walking has helped strengthen my legs and back a little. Do not however, go for a walk or excercise  if the pain is constant, not even with pain killers. The pain killers can mask the pain to the extent where you do damage without realizing it. Go on line and read everything about what you need. Find reputable clinics such as the Mayo Clinic and read what they have to say. A little research can go a long way in dealing with whatever ails you.  Most of all never, ever give up.

Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
I can't beleive I forgot,

MAGNISIUM - Ususally it comes as Calcium / Magnisium (333/150) - Calcium has a calming effect, but Magnisium is ESSENSTIAL for the body's central nervous system.

It helps maintaining the body's central nervous system, and even is responsible for keeping a stable paced heart beat and rythm.

If it is your nerves creating your muscle spasms, then try this with your fish and flax seed oil (which contains the GLA) you need. You can safely take 300mg 3 times a day of Magnisium.

Also, you can also ask them at any good nutrition store, and they even have data bases on computers, that they can print up for you to help with your symptoms.

Just a little bit more, I forgot to tell you,

Todd
Helpful - 0
I should also have mentioned an old faithful, Aspirin...... Aspirin is a painkiller and anti inflamatory as well. There is an old country remedy as well that they used to use many years ago and is still used in some places. It is a weird concoction though. Similar to the fish oil. It is castor oil mixed in with epsom salts. You heat it dip a cloth in it and place it on your back. Instead of running back and forth to reheat it, use a heating pad. Put a plastic liner between the two items and relax. This is something I used on my knee which was damaged, many years ago. I never thought about it until now. By the way it worked on my knee. As for my back I haven't tried it yet but I am going to give it a go and see what it does. By the way, your back was never meant to be stiff and straight. You should sit, stand or walk with your back slightly bent. It removes a lot of strain that way.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.