Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

cant sleep...AGAIUN

HI all OMG i CANNOT sleep!  I am so tired and in so much pain. I am in the LIMBO land of sleep, not awake, not asleep. Sweating like crazy.  I am on estrogen replacement and I worry what is wrong. I worry that my dr is missing an ailment cause he thinks EVERYTHING is my fibromyalgia.  I have a pain deep in my groin. I had an ovary that was attached to my colon.  They took it off and out.  I still have my colon but I am thinking maybe HUGE scar tissue.  It is where I hurt.  My sciatic notch hurts.  My neck hurts.  I am jittery as can be.  I took an extra 10 of oxy.  I am so tired but inside jitters.  I sweat so much I am soaked on and off all day.  Sorry for complaining.  No one (docs and family) want to hear it anymore.  Never know if its the narcotic meds or other ailments causing 1/2 of whats wrong.  
Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend as much as they can and lets not forget the reason for the holiday, remeberence.  
I feel like, five minutes at a time.  I only have Benadryl for sleep.  guess its not working huh?  Lotusflower
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
NIGHT
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
How much Benedryl did you take??  Sometimes if I take that it does the oposite and make me in that weird state of being sleepy but can't sleep... Can you take a nice hot bath to relax??  Maybe a heating pad where you are hurting..  do you have any decaf tea??  Try reading.. I am just throwing stuff our there that may help.. Pick up some Unisom, Melatonin, Or Liquid Valerain Root tommorrow... they work for sleep..
Helpful - 0
I know how that is! Can you get to the drug store. (is it even open?) If you can buy some Melatonin and Valerian root. Go to your doc when you can and ask him for some sleeping meds. You might have full blown insomnia. If you don't have to work tommorow don't worry too much about sleeping. You will fall asleep eventually. Also try reading a REALLY boring book.
Helpful - 0
You have the same advice! I think we are all like minded here huh?
Helpful - 0
Hi and thanks for caring!  Very nice to have someone there :).  I was on Ambien for 6 -7 years and was weaned last year.  It never kept me asleep anyhow and I did stuff I did not remember.  Shame on me LOL.  Hubby got a kick out of it, but it really was not funny. I would be afraid, but I would try melatonin. Is it contradincated with Lexapro, SSRI?  Thanks and going to tyr to sleep see everyone in the a.m., the OTHER a.m.  LOL
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Yes I think we are on the same wave length tonight...great minds think alike..LOL
Helpful - 0
Wow stephanie, you read my mind.  I only took 2 benadryl (50) I take it every single night. I know some antihistamines can reverse on you.  Bath takes way to long to fill, oversized jacuzzi bath.  Yea I know, poor me.  LOL.  Reading always works but not tongiht, went cross eyed I think and then put the book down and BING...away.  BUT I am SO tired. :*(
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You can take melatonin or valerain root with your SSRI  they are natural and only affect the part of the brain for sleep.. I like the Liquid Valerian Root the best.. I put a dropper and a half.( a lil more than the recomended dose) in some Arizona Stress Tea.. ( hides the tase well and has relaxing herbs in it as well) Take it 30 min to an hour before bed..buy two things in case one doesn't work.. I like to have several sleep aids around just in case.. although now I have Lunesta but I don't need it very often..
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412
be careful with taking benadryl every night.  I did for a couple of years and I believe it contributed to be getting tinnitus (constant buzzing in my ears)..this was before I became addicted to vicodin.

Good luck..I have no other advice to add that hasn't already been offered.

bg
Helpful - 0
watched it. I don't understand? What did he do to the old man that made people in audience laugh?
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hormone replacement?   when i first had my hysterectomy 8-9 years ago...i went on hormone replacement.   i suffered horribly...and the doctor tried every combination possible.   nothing stopped the night sweats...nothing...and i could not sleep for the life of me...this went on for 2 years.   i also felt like i had the flu...all the time...sometimes i couldn't even get off the couch.   i changed doctors three times in hopes of feeling better...the third time was the charm.   the first thing he did was do some labs on me.   it showed that i had NO hormones in me,even though i was taking them orally, everyday.   he said that my body would not absorb them and put me on injections.   OMG...i was normal again...just like that...felt like a new and improved woman.

i suffer once again due to the fact that i only took the injections for a couple of years.   breast cancer runs in my family so no more for me.   might want to have your hormone levels checked out.   this could be causing some of the fibro symptoms also...just a thought.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Glad you watched the video sorry you did not get it . I did not get what they were saying first time, it is shakespeare and they talk funny...LOL  What he did was rip out the eyes of the Duke of Earl.  One, he threw on the floor. The other he crushed in his hand.  Evil character!
Helpful - 0
Thank you Lizzie I am going to call my gyn tomorrow when the office opens. I will be VERY upset if a lot of problems are hormone related. Yea its about time something is done I cant take the sweats and insomnia.
Helpful - 0
Ohh. I will watch it again. I don't know much about shakespeare but would like to learn. I will try and readings some book.
I started reading "Dante's Divine Comedy" and it is pretty difficult read. I thin Shaeke'spear is cool cuase sometines i listen to Newt Gingrich " a speaker of House" give his take on Cable News and I heard him one time make a reference to Shakespear. I think Newt is brilliant.
Helpful - 0
Well I do not know much about estrogen replacement but I do know that pain meds will make you sweat a lot. It's a big pain if you ask me but if the meds help it is worth it. I try to dress cool and stay as cool as I can. I also take xanax to help with the jitters. I have not been getting any sleep I go to bed lay there and just think my brain just runs and runs. I'm bi-polar so that is part of it I guess. I'm gonna ask my doc for ambien it works just take it about 20 mins before bed you lay your head on the pillow and no racing thoughts. I used to take it but at over 100 for 30 to much money. thank god they just went generic here I can get them for 13 bucks. I wish you lots of luck with everything .
fallenangel1773
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.