Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help needed

Respected Sir/Madam,

First of all i like to tell u i am not a medical guy so i request u to avoide medical languages.

I am working on one project to stops guys who consume medicine like cough/cold syrup name "COREX" and there is some tablet name "MAINTANANCE".

I camed across some of the people who drink COREX syrup whole bottle and use COREX as drugs and same as MAINTANANCE.....

So can u plz let me know what r the problems(side effects) against consuming much of COREX means one bottle or two at a time and having MAINTANANCE tablets around 10-15 at a time......

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
871646 tn?1239775517
Yeah you are right... corex is highly addictive especially if you are a chain smoker. corex is the alternative for those who are addicted to heroin. it gives them the same high. the guy who is trying to do the project on stoping corex... he don't have any idea of the companies profitability. PFIZER.
the side effects are:
it affects your kidney and liver
lower sexual drive, weaker penis,
addictive

Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Corex is a cough syrup with an allergy medicine in it. It has codeine- this is the opiate that is adictive in corex. And it has chlorpheniramine- this is the allergy medicine in it.

This syrup is only sold under the name corex in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and some other south asican countries. It can often be bought over the counter without a prescription from a doctor but in many places in asia it is still illegal to have it without a doctor's prescription. Is this the type of project you are working with? To help stop the selling and purchasing og this medication without a prescription? I know it is a big problem in certain parts of asia.

Codeine is an opiate (derived from opium which is taken from the poppy) and is addictive. It is a weak opiate, this is why people are taking so much of it, they want to get "high" and it is hard to do with codeine unless you take a large amount.

Maintanance- I think you might be talking about a program for those addicted to opiates like the corex. There is no drug by the name "maintanance"

I hope this is helpful- Dutchess
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.