Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

Question to lookyhere about suboxone

Hey lookyhere I went back and checked you comment that you were on suboxone for 3 years??? Wow, I didn't know a doc would even let you stay on that long... I have been off of it for 5 days now and I am still kind lethargic and wish I had something... maybe that just the addict in me.. after 3 years on vics/norcs and about 4 weeks on suboxone from the detox unit.  Tell me how cruddy it is so I don't go rushing off to the doc. (heehee I am 95% sure I wont do that)

It was a huge success getting me off of the hydros at about (up to) 20 a day but I really need to be free.  If you're new and need detox  go to search engine, suboxone, detox, your city.  It was huge for me.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Only certain docs can rx suboxone so I doubt that is what you will get. There are other standard detox meds and that is probably what you are going to get. And if it is suboxone you don't have to take it. You can say no. But suboxone does work (I have been on it for almost a month now). But suboxone is not for everyone.

Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
True, true, you always do your homework well.  Enjoy that movie!  Although its the saddest thing I have ever seen, I actually couldn't watch any more past 30 minutes of it.

Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Yes, my pain manag. doc that I went to, to detox, said he had patients on it for pain reasons too, so I guess they use it for many reasons altogether.  Good for you for trying to ween, let us know how it goes!

And remember, take it nice and slow, I've read with suboxone, that is the way to do it!

Becky~..~
Helpful - 0
active ingredient in Suboxone is Buprenorphine. Suboxone is Schedule III drug.
Percocet, morphine, demerol, methadone, Adderall, are a Schedule II. Heroin, Cocaine marijuana is a schedule I. So the smaller the number the more potentially abusive the drug. Vicodin is a also a schedule III like Suboxone.
Before Buprenorphine was used as a pain med drug and still is. I believe buprenorphine is a class IV or V drug. I dont understand why it went from a IV to a III? Ohh, maybe I think buprenorphine is only injectable form (Europe has temegesic-pill form) and now since it is more widely prescribed and in pill form it has more potential for abuse. Just a thought!
peace guys-I'm watching a movie "voices of iraq" - 2004. 150 digital video cameras were given to rdinary iraqi's to tape their lives.
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
I was on suboxone for about 2 months, to get me off a two yr. hydro addiction.  I have been off for alittle over a month now, and it will get better really soon, it is just your head telling you, "SH*T! I'm really doing this alone now, woah, thats f*ing scary, get me something or I might freak out on you!"

It will pass, very soon my friend, not to worry!  Your doing great!  I would say, that the next 3 days ahead will be the hardest, but you shouldn't feel any different than you do now, so hang tight, and you'll be A-okay!

The good thing is, that you have going for you, is that YOU were not on the suboxone long enough to become dependant on it.  Lookyhere probably had a much harder time than you or I would, because he was on it for so long, so its very different, don't forget that!

Rebecca~..~
Helpful - 0
Very graphic at one point. I am glad that Bush got rid of him.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
thanx for the info... I think I'll pass on that new script for subozone heehee.  knowing me I would have a wonderful time with it.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
As most of you know, I'm on fentanyl pain patches. I started at 100mcg/hr and I'm down to wearing a 12mcg patch now. My dr. said she will give me something to take for a few weeks when I quit the final 12mcgs. I asked her if it was sub or something like it and she said no. I know it's not methadone because someone suggested that once and I told her and she said no to that, too. I'll pin her down next time and find out what she's going to give me. Is there a chance I won't need anything??

Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
Suboxone is not only intended for detoxes. It is also a maintenance drug. I believe that it was originally developed for opiate maintenance. If you read the insert that is put into the manufacturers bottle, pharmacists takes it out before-it is put in almost every drug, it says that this is a opiate maintenance drug. I believe you can find this insert on the Internet. Different clinics and doctors will say what they need to say to help promote their treatment. It's like this; if you live in a area where there are not a-lot of heroin use or methadone clinics, but there is a-lot of professionals who abuse pain pills. A treatment clinic in that area is going to say " we are using this new drug called suboxone (you probably heard of it) it is safe and effective in short term opiate withdraw/detox therapies". They want to market this drug to people who don't want to be on a a maintenance program for a long time. But detox and go back to work or whatever. So it is marketed differently. But make no mistake. Suboxone is a opiate maintenance drug. Did I like being on it for so long? The first 2 years was OK. I didn't abuse it at all. There were days when I took a third pill that day. And I let my Doc. know. But it is not a easy road. Methadone maintenance is not easy too.  They say be careful which pharmacy you get it filled at. At your home town pharmacy people will know. You think all pharmacists follow patient confidentiality?
I will be tapering soon. I don't want to be tied to my Doc. I want to leave this place. Although he was good too me. He gave me 5 refills every time so I did not have to see him as often.
I am confused a bit. My Doc. says he has been treating addiction for 30 years, he is a psychic.. And I ask him, how long will I be on it. He says, a few years, until I am stable enough. But I see that NA works for addicts who were addicted to Heroin like me and even longer then me.
But, when I used heroin, they say it was the strongest stuff ever, 95% pure.
I have to trust someone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.