Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi Yoda,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your response to my post last night.  I used to always depend on my husband to boost me up, so any kind words are much appreciated.  You are obviously very well thought of on this forum, you must be a very nice person.  I cannot recall your specific story, are you using drugs at this moment or in recovery?  I think more and more all the time now about trying to quit, but just the thought of going down to two Methadone a day versus three stresses me out.  The more success stories I read on here though inspires me, at least I have hope now that there is life after addiction. Well, just wanted to say hello and thanks again for your kind words.

Love, Cindy
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girl, I'm proud to announce that as of May 26th, I am 3 months clean from a very wicked oxycontin ER habit.  But it's still a journey and it's something I'll have to work at the rest of my life.  This forum was so important to me in my recovery and for that I will forever be grateful!  Stay in touch, ok?
Take care,
Yoda (Linda)
Helpful - 0
Congrats Yoda.THREE months Is just awesome .I never knewanyonethathasbeen clean for that long. I am clean in a way too from oxys.I am 30 days with suboxone and I take a half a klonopin twice a day Ihad a reactionswitching to suboxone from oxys and lost sleep and went into full detox. I ended up in the ER 2 times.I just saw the bill, 6,000 dollars.The insurance company covered it.Sarting tomorrow after Isee my doctor.so U aresayingthatyou are drug free.WOW that's great.Or are you on meds to stay off the oxys?  Yu can reach me at ***@**** thank you.I have so many questions.It seems like it is how we feel that makes the doctors decide when and how to wean us off of our drugs. I was prescribed these drugs of all things. Now I hear the doctor that weaned me off of these drugs is covered by my insurance but will NOT take my insurance.So we have paid out hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to see this doctor.i switcched doctors because i just was not happy with the way they treated me.i was not there because I had to be .I was there because I wanted off these horrible drugs.I was also taking perks inbetween but not that often.They did nothing fo rmy back pain. Suboxone takes care of the back pain. I just wondered if you were taking suboxone ,how long and how much were you taking? This is all so new to me..Again please write back to me at ***@****
Helpful - 0
Sashey:  I went cold turkey off of the oxys, no meds to help.  However about 30 days after being clean, I became severely depressed so the dr. has now put me on an antidepressant.  And there are others on this forum that have been clean longer than me so I don't feel so special.  But I do feel grateful for the help I received from this forum.  Please feel free to email me at ***@****
Grievingwidow:  I also wanted you to email me when you got a chance because we have more in common than you might know.
Take care,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Okay, I will email you in a sec.  Now you have my curiosity up, maybe we know each other?  I am excited.  I am trying to think of all the Linda's I know.
Anyway, cannot wait to hear from you. Will take a short break soon and email you.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.