Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
213991 tn?1214273019

No tabs for 56hrs now

Im currently on day 3 of no Hydrocodone. I started taking it 2yrs ago for pain from work injuries but then kept up with it for the high. I've taken about 5-7 10mg pills a day for awhile. I'm currently on day 3 of not using. I def. feel bad but feeling ok atm my stomach problems started hard today about 2hrs ago. I thought I wasn't going to get them this time since i've tried to quit before and that was always the first thing to hit. I have read on here about tapering and was wondering if after going 59hrs without anything but alieve if I should take loritab. I'm thinking no and if i've went this long without one should i just weather out the storm? I may sound calm and thats because i'm not hurting atm but i know in a couple hrs i will be, nighttime is the worst i get cold sweats and insomnia. I was thinking about gettin some xanys. to help me sleep but with my addictive nature i dont want to trade one drug for another.  So any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No, please don't take one! If you were only a few hours clean, I might suggest a taper, but def not at 56 hours! 48-72 hours are the worst, and it should all be uphill from there. You are almost there!!! Please, try and hang in there. I know it's not easy, and night time was worst for me, too. The RLS, anxiety, etc was horrible at night those first 72 hours, and I think what makes it even worse is that at night, there aren't many people to talk to or much to do to distract yourself. At least during the day, there is the hustle and bustle or everyday life!! But you are almost there!
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I usually got to that point and used.  Taper was never had with me cause once I got one or two, I was off to the races.  I got the, "I'll just use more today's"  or "screw-its" or "maybe next script"  Working a very physical job in the movie industry didn't help with the crazy hours.  Finally it just didn't work anymore, (taking 9 to 15 pills on average a day), and I had to take a leave of absence and drastically get the job done in detox/program and am still in intensive out-patient.  Suboxone was the key which, for lack of better, is kind of a reverse opiate.  7 days off that and 31 days off the hydros and I still feel sluggish, but am sleeping, stomach is great, comfortable for the most part.  I do miss having drive and ambition but everybody tells me it comes back.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.