Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawel help

My boyfriend has been taking 15 to 20 vicodins a day with some oxycontins thrown in the mix. He wants to get help. Between reading through here and researching online I heard about suboxone. He just took his last vicodin, with my help the last 6 days he has only had 6 vicodins a day and no oxycontins. He went through some severe withdrawels the first day that he dropped down his dosage. He wants to take something to help with the withdrawels. Has anyone taken suboxone and knows it works?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
DO NOT let him take suboxon.  The addiction is far worse than the vikes.  I know from experience.  Go it cold turkey it's the only way.  It takes a couple of months to get back to 100% normal but it's worth it.  
Helpful - 0
You need to go to www.suboxone.com. Also check out naabt.com (or it is nabbt.com). That is exactly what I did and found a doc that prescribes suboxone in my area.

It is great but it isn't for everyone and he has to be ready to quit. If he isn't quitting for the right reasons nothing will help. I know because I tried to quit 4x and now I feel finally ready.

I am going to quote what someone said here that I thought spelled it out. "I know I have another relapse in me but I don't have another recovery". What that means is quitting is hell and everytime you quit and try to get clean it gets harder and harder. I hope your boyfriend is ready to quit.

Some people quit for family, some quit to avoid jail, some quit for work. But you can only heal when you do it for yourself.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.