Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

RE-POST FOR THE NEWBIES.. FISH DETOX

I hope you all don't mind this is a re-post from yesterday, (NOW 9 PAGES BACK) specifically intended for people just getting here and I added "The Dutchess'" comments below.

If you are brand new or hovering this might help
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the info...I wasn't sure what exactly your story was, there are so many people here, and I have major ADHD, lol, so one minute I'm replying to someone's post, knowing exactly what their story is, and the next, I can't remember anything, lol!!
To everyone who reads this...I will prob ask you all a million times to remind me of your story, and will do my best to go back thru the posts to remind myself, but if I ask, please don't be offended...it isn't that you all aren't important enough to me that I don't remember...it's that I'm surprised I remember my own story, lol.
And to the new people as well...my story in short is that I am 26, battled a ten year addiction to codeine and vicodin, having been prescribed codeine at only 16 for endometriosis, and quit cold turkey in Dec. I have not touched a narcotic since...actually, I have a super bad cold right now, and bronchitis, and went to doc today...they prescribed something called Hycodan (sp?) which I found out at the pharmacy is a narcotic, so I literally dumped bottle into toilet when I got home...but I kept the antibiotics, lol. I sometimes still have temptations, but not strong enough that it's worth keeping a bottle around that I know I'll use if I get stressed enough. Oh, and the main reason I quit was because the painpills just weren't making me feel euphoria anymore, no matter how much I took, but depressed instead. I got to know God ( and not pushing religion on anyone, but just telling you MY story) and prayed for His strength...and I did it. So can all of you!
Helpful - 0
I am so happy to hear that you are clean,, You are doing great!!!  Congrats to you,, I know it is so hard.  I talked to your wife while you were in detox, because I was in detox before and she seemed like a really great lady,,, My only question is,, I was curious to know how you and her are doing???  She seemed so supportive and that is a true plus,,, That makes things so much easier and I know from experience that there is NOTHING easy about detox.  No matter where you are NOTHING,, It is hard work and that is only the beginning,,,, Huggs and support,, G
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
We are doing very well thanx and actually have grown much because of the together, closer....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.