Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 4..going strong

I still have a willingness to quit smoking pot...Im doing good...Yesterday was a test....My cousin went to her bf's house..but she took the girls...So which ment that i was at home with ALL THE POTHEADS...THANK GOD.....they didnt have ANYTHING hahaha...someone was looking out for me and answering my many prayers to become couragoues and not smoke....I see that as a blessing....for if it was here..Im afraid I may have puffed....

One of the guys that I thought was giving me a problem about smoking, him and I talked today....He wants to quit too..He's on day 2 today.......He's not sure how long he can do it..but he's trying.....He doesnt want to see me fail for I am his backup ...one that can help him...while I am helping myself.....This is GREAT NEWS...

one of the other guys however.....is convinced that I will puff again..and he told me yesterday that he will make me smoke again...if Iam drinking or something..he will make sure of it....I am really hurt by this, he is my cousin yet fairly young and not very knowledgable about life....Gosh I wish I could kcik him in the butt .........lol..........So I am going to have to stay away from him....and see how things go......I need prayers for this folks..please....however, I told my cousin.....the girl one lol..that if any one of the boys did that too me..and you come home and find them with a big lip or a black eye, you will know they put drugs in front of me.....because I will punch them out lol...I dont think its nice to want someone to smoke when they are trying to quit.........and if you are going to be that rude..I will knock you down.....lol....

These are my battles right now..other than that..things are going good..I keep telling myself I dont need to smoke a joitn today..whenm I feel like Im jonsing...and it passes...my biggest test is at night..during the day I am fine...other htan not eating but I am just trying to get threw my day...I have the little one a few days a week so not smoking around her..is easy..its hwen she isnt here..and whne my cousin leaves...I may have to start going with her...lol...

Anyhoo, Im pretty tired still..but I had a better sleep yesterday I again took half a sleeping pill last night..just around 10 so I can fall asleep was in bed by 11 last night..and up at 5......a little groggy but not major....feel pretty good, going to jump in the shower and relax today..and take care of me...

Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so proud of you... you have some big obstacles around you that's for sure lol.  Comin' from a puffer of about 15 years, every day straight through those years, I can tell ya it's very hard to quit lol.  But you're doin' it and you are doin' great.  I totally agree with you when you say that you're not as moody when you don't smoke anymore.  I was very grouchy sometimes cuz the smoke would make me tired alot and when I'm tired, I'm cranky.  Now that I've been tryin' to find a job, I quit about 2 months ago.  Only worked at Kmart for 2 weeks and now I'm jobless again... thank god I didn't give into hubby passin' me one or I would be startin' all over again.  It takes 30 days for that **** to get outta your blood stream for a drug test.

You are always in my prayers, take care and god bless u.

Luvs ya and hugs,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
214255 tn?1205635636
I never knew quiting smoking weed was so hard. My b/f smokes EVERYDAY and I think it's disgusting. I would love nothing better for him to quit or at least cut WAAAAAY back, any suggestions?
Helpful - 0
It would really have to be up to him if he is going to quit ....
yea, not alot of people realize that quitting something they have relyed on so long is hard...Im not doing too bad though, actually just always trying to make sure I stay in check with myself...and I do that alot on the board here......and all the updates..so I can lie to myself....or at least try and make some kind of safety network for myself............just like I did with the pills or doing with the pills...I havent completly quit but I dont abuse them either......only when necessary.....

but really, it would have to be up to him....really......it has to come from within.....I wish I could help other than that.....this is all pretty new to me too...I have done this once and managed to stay within a program for a few years however I had my kids then..and using wasnt an option however when they left I swore I would never see another day sober unless I was with them....I have changed since then..so I dont know lol

Best of luck to you and WELCOME!!
Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Hey, I am new to this. I have been an avid pot smoker since I was about 14 years old. I am 24 now. My husband has been secretly addicted to pain pills (vicodin 10's) for a while now. We would take them just to get a new high every once in a while, but he was doing it at least every other day. Well, today is his third day off of the pills and my second day off of pot. We finally realized after all these years that we were hurting ourselves. He is going through withdrawals. I feel fine, but I am worried about him. He hasn't done anything but cry for two days. He can't sleep, or eat. I was wondering what I can do to help him, and how long this is going to last. Thanks for your time.
Helpful - 0
This may go on for some time for him..
There are things that can help him though...liek almo acid thing.....you can find a bunch of imformation that you can get from everyone here......

He will not sleep and may need somethign to help him sleep...taking pills can affect him that way......being restless and such...also what he eats can help too.......Like sticking to fruits and veggies and good rich meat and such....Green tea will help...peppermint tea will ease stomach issues...and imodium can help with the bowels..

Well..dependiong on how long he used..and how much these sytems can last up for weeks....or if its less and he works on all of those other things..it can only be a few days...it all depends on his boday

Drink plenty of water..and find things that cna help him and you replace the drugs with somethign healthy...if your goign to take away the negative find a positive....

I hope some of this infomation helps and I will be around to answer anything else when I can.....and WElcome...

I know for me it hasnt been bad quitting the pot I jones here and there but nothing like the pills..that'sf or sure

Hapyp Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Thank you for answering me. This is so scary. Again, thanks.  
Helpful - 0
No troubles at all................................
Helpful - 0
214255 tn?1205635636
thanks for the info. I never really knew pot was addictive till i met him. On top of that we have been fighting oxy's for about a yr now and longer for him, but before that it was vicodine 10 mg and when those didn't work like everyone eles we went to oxy's. I am now on my 4th time trying to get clean and am on day 2 with suboxine I have 8mg, but cut it into 4 and take a quater as needed (i have not gotten professional help). What have you been trying to get off and what are you on?

Thanks
Helpful - 0
I used to take about 1600 - 2000 mg of oxys a day habit down to taking the odd perc here and there..plus I was a daily potsmoker but have recently quit that....I dont think I need it anymore...nor do I want it in my life..and yes there is a mis conception that pot isnt addictive..it is..and causes depression and server in some...and anger fits..I know the anger was a big one for me until I got high............................and always needed a fix to take the edge off..and sometimes one wasnt even enough...

I still take percs for pain managment and for a while I struggled quite abit with those choices however I have found some peace with it..and I have alot of support around me right now....

I'm heading out now.........other people are in line for the computer......and I have to get things done around here..thinking of hitting a meeting tonight.........Not sure yet though.......Anyways I will be around tomorrow........

Happy Thoughts and Prayers to you
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.