Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

+1 more day clean +1 more hour sleep

day 14 or 15? i got about 5 hours sleep last night, not great sleep, but sleep.
i cant believe how hard this has been, how slow this poison is to leave my body.
im excited about my brain starting to produce natural pain killers again.

anyone know how long it will be b4 my brain/body is completely back to normal after 3 years of light to medium pain med use (not abuse)?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Realistically It takes months to years to be "normal"  there is alot of research our there on amino acids and them helping your brain function normally faster.  I am looking into it myself and have ordered a book on Amazon. However I found alot of reserch on the internet as well..
Helpful - 0
wow, years?
you mean falling asleep exhausted and sleeping like a brick for 10 hours like i used to when i was a kid is 24 months away?

something to look forward too :)

i can wait, i believe the worst is over.

im sure excersise and good food lots of aminos and sex will bring good sleep to me soon.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Pick up some Melatonin it helps sleep naturally..  because of the drugs you are probably melatonin deficant..  look it up online. I found it says to take the lowest dose and increase by 3mgs every half hour til you feel sleepy. I am gonna pick some up incase my Lunesta doesn't work.. which it doesn't always.  I hope you are feeling better soon. and congrats on your days clean...
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
Melan. is good but there was a recent article in one of my bodybuilding books about it. Let me dig up the article before i speak directly about it but i think theres something a lil better but the just of it was melan. gave you reallly vivid dreams which in turn gave 70% of the ppl nightmares. But like i said let me go look for it ill post my findings later tonight.
Helpful - 0
Wow, you are doin great!! I'm so proud of you!!  I'm right behind you at 10 days so I'm usin' you as kinda like a guideline lol.  Try and keep me posted with your thoughts and how you feel from day to day so I know what to kinda look forward too lol.  thanks, take care and god bless, hugs, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.