Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hypnosis

sorry for all the damn questions, but I want to understand every route.  has anybody gone in for hypnosis?  what were your outcomes?  thanks I will be out of questions soon.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You would be able to knock me over with a feather if you could prove hypnosis helps with WDs - however I would bet that hypnosis could help some people with cravings, thus reducing the chance to relapse - though if I had to wager on it - I'd say those people would be in the minority.
Helpful - 0
Sorry but I agree with the above post. Hypnosis sounds unrealistic to me. If it worked we would all be there and not here. I know you are hurting and want some relief but unfortunatley there aren't many options. Rehab can help cause they give you meds, and there is suboxone or methadone but they aren't for everyone. You could look into the Thomas Recipe. Just search for it here because it is around just barried deep at this point. But many people have found that helps.
Helpful - 0
thanks ya'll.  Just got back from my first hypnosis.  You are definitely right, it helps very much with motivation, stress as far as relaxation techniques, and cravings, but you have to have the will power.  I really appreciate your feedback.  I was real nervous about it, but it went really well.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.