Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

my only comment regarding tonight's drama

Before I go back to the ER, just wanted to make a quick post.

For the most part, the people on this forum are kind-hearted loving people.  So many individuals have been an integral part of my recovery process, one of those individuals in Dutchess who was completely slammed today.  I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings by saying, grow up.  First of all I don't care what someone's credentials are, if he / she can offer some help to someone that is all that matters.  Secondly, if you have to create a new s/n just to post negative or instigating comments (i understand some have had to create a second s/n for other reasons) then you have a problem bigger than addiction.  I have teen age students who know how to play nicer than some of you adults.  I am not trying to be judgemental or harsh, but everyone here deserves courtesy and respect.  Please take a moment to reflect on your post before you press submit - if you would be hurt by your words towards someone, then it's probably not the right thing to do if you press submit.  If for some reason you have a problem with another member of the forum, perhaps you can ask that person for an alternate contact method and discuss that problem in a more private light....does the forum really need to be disrupted because you don't like something about someone's spelling, sentence structure, etc???  And please, just because one member has been here longer than another, it doesn't make that person's opinion stronger or more important than another's.  I'm really not trying to seem self-righteous, but there are so many wonderful people here, everyone is in a unique place in their recovery, can't we be supportive and helpful instead of harsh and in some cases demeaning?  I value everyone on the boards opinions and though I may not be able to give a helpful word to every person/post, I hope that you all know you are remembered in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the best for your indiviual recovery.

Corrine
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you said it so right
i am struggling tonite..Cold sweats, fever, body hurts...
Helpful - 0
Amen!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi,

You know, from reading your post below, you are a very honest and humble person (if you ask me)

You are so right, if were honest - we are all addicts, who need help. Just I am down to 5 Hydro's a day, but in all reality WE CAN"T DO THIS ALL BY OURSELFS.

It is times like now, when you just have to cry out to our Loving Jesus Christ, and pray for His help. I'm not here to preach, but I know EXACTLY what your saying, on being of them for 8 Days, and how good your feel with clarity in your mind.

I'm so sorry in so much pain, and if you already head out to the ER, you'll know you had a humble hearted man praying for you.

You know, my knee pain was so bad, the doc said that I was going to have to have surgeory. We'll by the Grace of God, I have been pain free for over a week, and not just pain free - but the recent xrays confirmed HEALED, it was nothing I did!!!  

I'll be praying as soon I finish my last word here, CRY OUT to Jesus, and keep Fighting the Good Fight of Faith !

Todd
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.