Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Trouble again.

I no sooner do a post praising the efforts and the calmness that seemed to be exuding from all corners of this forum, when someone decides it is too peaceful here and it irks them no end. as most of you, no doubt know, it seems to be the same person almost every time. I guess coming down on someone sooths the egos and alter egos of that person. Unfortunately he or she manages to arouse this forum to a fever pitch. Not being able to stand his/her life, the answer seems to be, make someone else feel as miserable as I do. As has probably been noticed this person or persons have little or no respect for themselves so it is only natural that they have no respect for anyone else. Responding to these people in kind is exactly what they want. They revel in the one thing that seems to make them happy and that is to bring someone else down to their level if they can. It is hard to battle your addiction while at the same time trying to defend yourself from unwarranted attacks. That, of course, is the intent of the abuser. As long as they can make someone else even more miserable than they already feel, they are in their glory. Not happy with their mundane existence, they resort to any means possible to downplay others. Thank your lucky stars that ignorance is not as easy to catch as a cold. If it was we would all be behaving like morons and I fail to see any more here than one or two. I have not mentioned anyone in particular or resorted to pointing the finger. Why? Because you know who you are.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well put Mangee!  People jumped into this gang-bang style bashing of a lovely person and surprised the heck outta me!  Didnt expect that from some.  I like your posts, you have good messages.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I have no way to know who you're talking about beyond a doubt, but this is the first time a person who likes trouble has stayed so long and buffaloed so many people that I thought were wise.
I keep my days busy by being outside and busy until the next taper and then I'll be sick for a while.
I have always believed in giving a person a second chance because addicts need that chance. I have gotten a lot of help here and to see people being so gullible is heart breaking. I know there is nothing I can do so I just post very little now and shut up.
Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.