Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

trying for advice again

My experience has got to be the strangest - I haven't read anything like it on this board and I have been reading/posting since February.
It is now 30 days since I quit c/t my habit of 12 tramadol a day. The first five days were rough, but as many of you know I had prepared myself with all kinds of remedies and time off work, and I was mentally completely prepared for a rough week. The strange thing was that after 14 days I started getting worse instead of better and after three weeks I was so desperate that I tried taking a couple of tramadols just to see if it would make any difference. I have consulted the doctor and apart from elevated cholesterol level nothing is wrong, apparently. So either it is a virus or maybe it has been too much of a shock to the system to quit c/t.
After 30 days I am now trying to taper (after no pills at all for three weeks) (I know it sounds crazy - but desperate times call for desperate measures!!!) taking two tramadols a day in the hope of stabilizing my system - I really need to get better so I can work and take care of household etc.
I have asked before, and I will ask again - and hopefully this time have a little response - is it possible that quitting c/t has been too much of a strain on my body creating an imbalance or something similar, or should I just accept that it is a virus on top of withdrawals?
Hope everyone is doing good, have a great day.
Minnie
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Gosh, Minnie, I don't know what to think about the situation you are in.  I have a feeling it is going to puzzle many of us.  I just cannot imagine.  I wish you could get a real medical opinion from someone, you said you went to the doctor, but did he know about the Ultram problem?  I sure hate for you to have to start on them again after you have been so brave and strong for a whole month!  Why didn't I start when you did, and maybe it would be over?  I am having a lot of trouble this month just keeping to my regular dose, I am afraid I could run out early but the meds just don't seem like they are enough, I have been having aches and pains, and mild w/d symptoms.  I should not complain though, are I should be going through w/d now along with the rest of you brave people.  Anyway, Minnie, sorry, but it is a puzzle to me.  I will be anxiously following your posts to see how you are doing.  I am leaving for Austin in the morning, but will check on you when I return Sunday.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
Its great to hear from you.........
I believe I have posted to you before after you took 2 that one day..and I expressed that I experienced something quite similar......When I had quit c.t....and stayed that way for about 2-3 weeks.....after my first slip......I was realizing I was still sick even after all that time...I couldnt stand my energy level it drove me nuts..and nor could I stand the pain.......So I caved..and started taking 2 percs a day....I did that for about 2 weeks.....maybe even 3 then slowly started to skip days....then eventually.....to nothing...mostly then where I am now......................which is only when days are really bad

I have learned to cope with some of the pain...and really watch what I eat..how much I eat.....and how much water I was drinking..

I am not sure why I feel a bit better now...and I dont find a need to take as many pills....and Im not sure why that happened to me or the way it was.......I thought it was because I was actually sick which I still dont really know..I still have bad days and such but they arent nearly as bad

I hope some of that helps you...I know you didnt really read my posts about this because lol I never really talked about it while it was happening....I avoided here alot when I was popping pills because I felt like a bag of poop..and felt like I was lying...Slowly coming back giving my updates.......and admitting I felt alot better........

I hope this helps...I am soooo glad to see a post from you I may have amissed a few....I do hope you feel better soon...
Happy Thoughts and Prayers
Love
C
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your post - you always answer my posts and I am so grateful for your support. It is strange because I feel I always read your posts, but I must have skipped the one where you wrote that you had gone through something similar. I am glad to hear I am not the only one, and I just hope that I will experience the rest as well - the feeling slowly better and not feeling the need to take anything at all. I am not sure that the tramadol helps (and I don't feel I crave them), I have hours once in a while where I feel a bit better and then I am feeling worse again. I have ordered some protein bars (aminoacids) which I hope will help as well and apart from that I guess I will just have to be patient - but that is sooo hard, with all the work I have lined up and all other responsibilities.
You are doing fantastic, I hope you have a great day.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Well I do hope you become a bit better...I know i have slowly with time.....Some days are kinda crappy for me too...and no I dont relaly crave either..however I do still find myself having to take something even if I just take it and go and pass out....at least I dont feel my body .....and I am able to get some good rest...

I realy think it has alot to do with the changes quickly and what we eat...when I quit before I didnt really care what I ate..I just ate..and ate what I craved...I have since seen a bit of a difference since I eat alot better again...and I stay away from the sweets...I wonder if that has anything to do with it..

Mind you of course I still have issues ...like not holding my food down...besides just the pain...my urine is coloured often..it's strange what I go threw...

All I do now is just keep oding what I am doing..I have started walking again....my 7 klm I take 2 tyenol extra strength before I walk to help out with my knee pain......Im still in pain but just make myself get thru it..I know its so much plus everything else we have to do in our daily lives..its tough..
hang in there sweetie it really does get better...

Love
C
Helpful - 0
Hey girl,
I'm so sorry you're goin' through such a rough time.  I'm 12 days c/t today and I feel kindof worse than I did 4 days ago.  For some reason, when I wake up, I'm fine but around 1 or 2pm, I start cravin' a pill and my withdrawals, depression, fatigue, out of breath when I stand up, come back all at one time and then I feel like **** for the rest of the day.  Ugh, I know how you feel.  It's terrible.  Hopefully with a little more time it will get better for you.  Wow, you've gotten so far.  If you take a couple, I don't see that it would be a problem as long as you get right back on and start again and again.  I can't handle just taking one or two though, as soon as I take a few I'm back up to around 40 - 50 pills a day.  I'm gonna kill myself one day and not even know it til it's done.  That's why I can't take just a couple.  It's alot or none.  So right now I choose none lol.  Wow, did I say that?  I can't believe I said that lol.  I hope you have a wonderful day... take care and god bless, Hugz, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.