Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To Fedupinmt

I wanted to address the question you were asking Chrosty about dealing with the kids, how the pills made you crankier, etc.

I, too, find myself behaving in that manner.  I mean, I find myself crankier with them (I have a 6 year old and an 8 year old) when I'm taking the hydros.  I seem to have less patience and my fuse is shorter than usual.  I've never hit or slapped my kids or used any kind of physical force, but I do find myself yelling more (and louder!) on the hydros.  Another good reason to get off of them, right?  Parenting is hard enough as it is, and with summertime here and the kids around a lot more (and friends, and neighborhood kids, and more neighborhood kids....), I need all the patience I can muster :-)  

Anyway, I just wanted to respond to the question you had posed to Chrosty and the rest of us.  You're not alone in that regard.  

Blessings and a great day to you....
~~~K.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
I find myself with a much shorter fuse also... even now after 32 day I'm snappy and yell more than I ever did...  I have to work at it!
Helpful - 0
hi folks atleast i'm not the only ones that it effects this way. I can't believe the differents that being off them for just 2 weeks has made4 in me mentally I'm actally laughing again and i'm processing my infromation better and handling stuff less emotional. Pysically I still ache and am stiff some days are better then  others. Thanks for replying to me, take care and you will always be in my prayers. terri
Helpful - 0
Hello.  I noticed your post because of your screen name.  Are you in mt?  Anyway that is where I am and its a comfort for some reason to see someone from my state.  Not that I want you to have a addiction of course!  Anyway you are right.  2 weeks can make a world of difference.  Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
hi, yes i live in malta mt. Are you any where close, well in this state, in the same half of the state would be close. Give me a shout back and let me know i'll be on and off all day.take care terri
Helpful - 0
I am in the Billings area.  I am not even sure where your city is! lol  It is a big state but beautiful. :)

Shelby
Helpful - 0
hi honey Malta is straight north of you about 180 miles. Actully my oldest(son) is  going down your way today. His dad and grandma live there. We go down there every couple of months or so Love to shop in the big stores ya know. Have you been on the forum long I found it the day before I c/t, it really was a god sent I don't know if I would of made it if I hadn't known all the w/d syptoms. Probably would of bawled like a baby and popped a pill. take care and if you get a chance and want to give some of your back round info. Take care Terri
Helpful - 0
Hello again Terri,
This was my first day posting.  I have been coming to this site for quite some time though.  It has really helped me in my decision to become clean.  I will paste my story below.  Billings is wonderful for shopping.  I actually live a little south of Laurel, near Columbus.  I work and go to Billings quit a bit.  I might even go tomorrow if I am feeling well enough.  Anyway here is my story at least part of it.  Wishing the best for you Terri!

Hello all. I have been an addicted for close to 10 years now. At the peak of my addiction I would take anywhere from 10-15 10mg vics a day. Along with Soma (muscle relaxer) as an extra little kick. I have been through withdrawal many times. The first time was the absolute worst. I was completely miserable for a week. I could barely move to get up and go to the bathroom, let alone feed myself. One of my problems is I had access to a constant supply. My husband has very bad back pain and simply cannot function without chemical help. He can control his intake very well. If he is having a good day he will take less then the recommended dosage. His doctor is a friend of ours and he simply ships them directly to my husband and for awhile there was not questioning the quantity. I have stole them constantly over the years and lied to my husband on a regular basis as a result of this. His Doctor friend has been shipping him less lately, trying to control his intake but it has not been my husband...it has been me! Nothing else would occupy my thoughts but the drug. Did I steal enough from him for the day? What about tomorrow? The process just goes on and on. I am now 33 years old and my 20's were all about getting pills. I have wasted so much time. I feel as if I have lost a decade of my life to drugs. And I have become such a good liar its pathetic. I have been clean for three days now. I was only taking about 4 a day and I am just so tired of it. My withdrawals are not nearly as bad as the first time. I am tired during the day but at least I can sleep. My energy has also started returning already. Does the brain remember withdrawal? After so many times going through it...it seems as if I am getting better at it. Then again it is probably just the lower dosage. I actually feel relief this time that I am getting off the drugs. I am looking forward to my future now. It is so nice not to have the cloudy head. I cannot believe some of the decisions I have made while on the drugs. They really impair your judgment. I have been coming to this site for years, just lurking. Your stories have stuck with me. Thank you for all your posts and to those of you going through withdrawal you are not alone. Trust me though it will be worth it. I know now that I was helpless and I have finally admitted to that. A slave to those awful drugs. I know that with work though I can get through one day at a time...even one minute at a time. One thing that really helps me is keeping my mind occupied. Even watching the show Intervention or reading the posts has helped me a great deal. Thank you all again and I wish each and everyone of you my best.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.