Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help W/Vicodin Withdrawl

In addition to my last post...I have another question...I am almost at the end of day 2 of taking about 4 pills that are 5-7.5 mgs each day for about 2months of my withdrawl. I have to work graveyard which I am getting ready to leave here soon. I am noticing that my sleeping may become a problem which is critical for me to get for work. What over the counter medicines can I get for this if I really need to? Also, I have this weird feeling in my skin kind of hard to explain, anyone know what I am talking about, I know its part of this withdrawl process...but its so irratating. I have been taking immodium for my bowel movements its working but now my stomatch is upset... I get some chills, and a fuzzy headache on the top of my head. Thanks for all your help and advice.. All posts are appreaciated so much ... Sorry for any mis-spellings
:)
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My husband used to get a lot of these same symptoms with WD, I know it's tough - you must be uncomfortable, but you can do it.  Keep in mind, that if you want it bad enough you'll make it through any of those symptoms if you really really want off the pills.  It's unfortunate to have to go through it, and it can sure make you feel like taking the pills would be easier, but then you'll be right back in the spot you are now, but the longer you've been using the more difficult those symptoms will get.   There are certain situations in life that are really hard, and while it's not easy to deal with something like loss of sleep - it is still possible to make it through, survive and prevail.  Think of brand new mommies, this comes to mind because I just now have a 13 month old who finally sleeps through the night and am having another baby in a week here so I'll be starting the sleep deprivation all over again.... it's not pleasant but it's do able...

I did a lot of looking for my hubby after he got off his pills (oxy primarily) for something that would encourage his brain to start producing seratonin, since opiates handicap your brain's ability to make them after an addiction for a long time...   I found a strong herbal supplement called 5-HTP   - not only does it tend to help a bit with the seratonin production, but my hubby says it also made him drowsey - so it was good to take at bed time.  This might be a good thing to try for you since seratonin is something you'll need more of anyway and it could also be a safe - non-addictive supplement to help your sleep???  Maybe give a try.  I also had him taking St. John's Wort during the day, also helps with seratonin but not as strongly, also doesn't make you near as drowsey.  

Good luck and God Bless - be strong, I know these symptoms suck, but you can do it - keep asking advice and for help!  There are so many people on here that have tried it all and gone through it all, they are a great resource for you.  

YOU CAN DO IT!
-Kristen
Helpful - 0
All i can do is wish you luck.  I only took 4 percocets a day for 43 days.  I had little withdrawal OTHER than horrific insomnia.  I credit this to the stress on your body, when it goes through withdrawal.  Anyway i needed sleep for my job TOO.  I went 9 days with almost no sleep, and then the night before my new job started i slept NO hours, not a wink.  Last night FINALLY i slept 5.5 hours, with the help of 3-4 beers.  AS soon as they word off, i was wide awake.  This is 14 days later after only 43 days of use!  In the past 14 days ive slept MAYBE 45 hours.  Of those 45 hours 16 hours were on nights i drank a ton of beer, and even those hours of sleep sucked.  The best advice i can give is just stop thinking/worrying about sleep, because its not going to help.  I worked 10 hours on the first day of a new job with no sleep, and i did  fine.
Helpful - 0
Well, I am at work now its been 1hr 15min not that I am counting it lol
I seem to be ok, a bit depressed but I am trying to shake that, My stomatch still hurts a bit but I am doing things to occupy my time however its dead at my work I see nobody but sometimes I do. So its the start of day 3 and I am exciteed to go home and keep on  trying and go back to work tomorrow night and not give up . Thank you everyone for all the support and advice.
I am going to try poster 1 comment on natural supplements liek st. johns I am taking vitamins and trying to drink alot of water or gatorage, my appeitite is pretty much gone but I force a bananna and I am going to have soup later. I worked out for only 15mins on my eppilitical and took a short walk to the store and back also walked to work and I will walk home. I hope that will help.
Talk to everyone soon
Take Care All :)
P.S. Friday is my payday the 8th and two things excite me my withdrawl should be gone I may feel a bit off but I think it should be gone almost and best of all I will have money to do all the things I haven't done in a long time plus, my mom will be happier with me and i love her alot she doesn't deserve me habit to cause me to use all my money and hers..Lesson and more has been learned... All I have do now is remember this awful feeling and reject any urge:)
Helpful - 0
Keep Friday in sight!!!  Make a countdown of some kind to that day, maybe the paper rings where you rip one off each day - also, make a plan for the money you get Friday.  I'm sure you're aware that it would be tempting to spend it on other things - right?  Think about good things to spend it on, write them down and put them on the wall next to your countdown !!  Keep Friday in sight - between here and there is just time you have to tough out.  

Kind of funny, you and I are both looking forward to Friday - my reason... it's my due date :)  

As for the herbal supplements, the 5-HTP may be more helpful than the st john's for you.  I know it's a little tougher to find.  I know it's online, but I'm sure you want it faster, check a health food store, maybe make some calls while work is dead and find where to pick it up.  It's drowsey affect is stronger than the st johns and it's seratonin activator is stronger as well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.