Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

pillride is over, when can i expcect this horrible feeling to end??

Where to start I just don't know. I've been prescribed oxycontin and oxcycodone ir for the past 6 months. Since taking them I have far from taking them as directed. They certainly help with the pain but i'm now discusted with the way my live has revovled around those dang pills. I started being prescribed 20 and 40mg of the oxys AND 15mg of the oxycodone ir's this was to be taken 3-4 times a day for neck and back pain. after about 2 months Iwas uped to 80mg oc and 30mg ir. Just las month I requested to be brought down from the 80mg to only 40mg of oxy and keep with the 30mg of the ir's. I am prescribed a 2 week supply at a time. Well, I was out on Monday in the early A.M. Now, the confusing part; Monday night I took a 1/4 of a suboxone given to me by a friend. I was able to sleep somewhat. Tuesday a.m. I took another 1/4 of a sub to "take the edge off" for work. Tues. night I started my w/ds ugh... I hate the feelings. Then Wed. I got 2 subs from my friend which I managed to make last until last until last night. Yesterday a.m. I took 1/4 and was fine all day and night until about 12am. I took my last 1/4 of suboxone. It's now almost 10am and I went to bed around 4am with little sleep results. I kept waking up. Now I feel slight anxiety but it's not too unbarable. I having gone through extreme w/ds like in the past. I haven't taken ALOT of suboxone in the past 48hrs could my w/ds be about over or am i still in for a hellofaride starting today?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
prolly more w/ds for about 3 weeks.
varying in intensity.
Helpful - 0
I should also mention, my next appt. is in about a 30 min. and I made the conscious decision to cancel because I'm so sick of the control these things have on my life. I'm actually disgusted by my past behavior with the pills. I already broke contact with other people who can get me pills @ street value. Yeah like I have that kind of Money!! I really do want to quite I'm just not sure if the w/ds are still to come really bad since I haven't had any oxys or percocet ir's since Mon. But I have had a couple suboxones to helop with the symtoms. Any comment is a good comment and is welcomed with open arms.
Helpful - 0
I should also mention, my next appt. is in about a 30 min. and I made the conscious decision to cancel because I'm so sick of the control these things have on my life. I'm actually disgusted by my past behavior with the pills. I already broke contact with other people who can get me pills @ street value. Yeah like I have that kind of Money!! I really do want to quite I'm just not sure if the w/ds are still to come really bad since I haven't had any oxys or percocet ir's since Mon. But I have had a couple suboxones to helop with the symtoms. Any comment is a good comment and is welcomed with open arms.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
You're still light to light/moderate weight in your addiction and mabye wont have to go all 3 weeks but at least you know now about these drugs.  I can't tell you the pain that they cause and the worry I put my wife through.  Great decesion to quit... don't relent.  The WD's will talk you into just one... try your hardest not to listen...
Helpful - 0
Fishmeal is correct and had good advice.  I do somewhat cringe at cutting myself off with my doctor when it comes to the pills because I am a taper w/d type person.  Slamming the door shut behind you does make the future predictable.  Expect muscle weakness, hot and cold spells, insomnia, tightness in the lower abdomen, and loose stools...like water....often!  You have made a decision so stick with it, stay here for support, and take comfort in the fact that ther is still medical help available if you just cannot cope.  You sound strong enough to kick this one through though......All the best.  dogguy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.