Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Regarding Dutchess Golden

The fact of where Dutchess Golden gets her information that is used to help people with questions is of no matter. What is important is that she takes the time to answer just about anybody that poses a question. Whether she got the info from medical school, an encyclopedia, medical journal or someone's garbage can does not alter the fact that regardless of where the information comes from, it is of a gret help to those who seek answers. I get the feeling that her detractors are upset that she, rather than they, is the one that many are turning to for help. There are many others like her here. People who take the time to help in any way they can rather than try to poke holes in someone else's answers. We are fortunate that those who are here to help and be helped are in the majority. Attacking those who are in pain or doing their best to help in any way they can benefits no one, not even those on the attack. Having been in the throes of addiction and withdrwal as most of us are or were, I can honestly say that the last thing I needed here while in pain, anxious and/or paranoid, was to read negative posts.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
52704 tn?1387020797
I disagree.  

If all the Dutchess did was cut and paste good info that would be fine.  Good info is good info.

But that's not all the Dutchess does.  She sometimes provides horrible and dangerous advice that is seemingly bolstered by her claimed education and the knowledge that seems inherent in the cut&paste posts.

Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
my concern is that an alleged medical pro is dishing out harmful medical advice to people who are so vulnerable(or stupid) they treat it as gospel.
2 things irk me regarding her posts
1.opiates can cause permanent damage(despite being asked several times to source this claim she wont.my GP says this is rubbish)
2.promoting the use of Kratom and Tramol to ease WDs.she talks about these drugs as tho they r harmless.they are not.

generally i like her posts.
regards J.
Helpful - 0
That of course is your opinion and you are, of course, entitled to it. The above was my opinion. What has just happened here between you and me is the way all posts pro or con should be done. Regardless of how we think in regards to others. Not being extremely well versed in the many kinds of addictions and their treatments, I go only by what I read and see, not only here, but elsewhere as well. I specified, I think, that it was the intent to help that I was stressing. It is only natural that mistakes can be made by even the most professional people. This does not however detract from the fact that the intent to help was there. You, as well as I, are not perfect, nor is Duthchess Golden or anyone else for that matter. I have stressed my opinion and you answered in the negative in a manner which I applaud. This is the form of debating an issue which I am very favorable to. Unfortunately there are one or two here who are not concerned about the manner in which they convey their thoughts. This leads to someone like me answering back in the same vein because that is the only language they seem to understand. You have given me pause and, as I am always open to constructive criticism, I will take your post verbatim and see what I may have missed.
                          Mangee.
Helpful - 0
It looks like I am about to be outnumbered. Perhaps I should speak to my doctors  ( family, urologist, opthamologist neurologist )and and see what they say about what you have just mentioned. Let me say this at least, no two doctors have the exact same opinion on certain drugs. An example is my doctor putting me on Oxycontin and telling me it would not be a problem when the time came to stop. My urologist did not approve of brachytherapy for prostate cancer, which I have, and yet my brother's urologist did it for him and his SPA (specific prostate antigen ) went from 11.5 down to a little over 2. I have read otherwise elsewhere both pro and con so who can really say which is right and which is wrong. If anyone has doubts regarding any info given them by anyone they should research the subject for their own peace of mind, which both you and CATUF are causing me to do.
Helpful - 0
I disagree,I believe the above posts were fact ( such as the kratom and tramadol statements ) not opinions. in one post she stated that you wont get busted for dr shopping if you use cash and dont go to a major pharmacy, use that advice in my state or 32 others and you"ll find yourself in jail. Thats a fact,not an opinion,,my opinion is post what you KNOW to be fact and if its just your opinion or speculation then say so. this is a good debate though and i hope no one comes in bashing anyone. i suppose we can use the old advice that if you dont like what someone posts ,,or that person then dont read it, but if you KNOW that the advice is wrong should you say something and risk being bashed because of who your talking about or just be quiet.
Helpful - 0
i totally agree...DOCTORS are so wrong sometimes...Even nurses..i just had that happen to me..If anyone read my post about almost dying in april after a simple surgery was because a nurse made bad judgement..
i think some give the advice they think it ok, and it is up to us to take it or leave it...But not attack the person for giving it..i disagree with alot of advice but i just don't take it..
god bless
have a great day
Helpful - 0
Your best advice was "do your own research " .
Helpful - 0
your right about attacking the person and I"m gonna remember that. Disagree with the message but dont kill the messenger, i should know that
Helpful - 0
It is only natural that we will find things we like and don't like regardless of what the subject is. The most important thing, in my opinion, is that we speak to anyone we disagree with, in a civilized and diplomatic manner. I have not displayed this in  couple of my posts which I am somewhat ashamed of. However, there are those who you cannot reply to in any way because it is not in their minds to debate the subject in a forthright manner as has been done in the last post regarding Dutchess. No two people, regardless of how similar their posts are, do actually think alike. I give kudos to those who, like in the last back and forth post, have had the good sense to do it in a forthright and upright manner. Words like " I disagree, I beg to differ, in my opinion, I would like to ask a question"  and so on, serves to let any person know that you are in disagreement and would like clarification of the subject. When you more or less say to the person "You are full of ****" or anything in that manner you are telling them that you are begging for a fight and in most cases you will get one.
Helpful - 0
I do not know if we have talked, but I have been here about 4 months.  Your last post was a very good post.  Thank you.  However to borrow a phrase from Fishmeal, can we stop talking about this now and "All Just Mow the Lawn".
Thank you,
Yoda (Linda)
Helpful - 0
ALSO--i agree a very good post....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.