Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

OK, it's 5:45 a.m. on Sunday morning. Where is everyone?

I can't sleep.  I haven't slept well since I sprained my ankle.  But I've been going to bed early so that probably has something to do with why I get up so early.
Love,
Yoda
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey I am awake at work its 3:28am here. Sorry to hear about your ankle. I will be on back and forth since I am working.
-kim
Helpful - 0
Hey girl, what kind of work?  You pulling the night shift?
Helpful - 0
Yeh, I do a graveyard shift 11p-7a 5 days a week so in a way it kind of helps through this withdrawl and recovery process to keep my mind of the way I feel. Which is mainly alot of anxiety -very short tempered, moody(which I hate myself when I act this way but its so hard to control), and depression after I get very mad.
But I am hanging in
How are you?
-KIM
Helpful - 0
I do auditing for a hotel
Helpful - 0
You are one busy woman!  Back some years ago, I worked that shift as a ward clerk at a hospital.  I hated it because I was so off kilter with the rest of the world.  Do you like it ok?
I'm doing good, just pain in legs and ankle and can't sleep.  But it could be worse so it's all good.
Yoda
Helpful - 0
How did you sprain your ankle????? Sorry you are in pain...they can sometimes be worse than a break...soft tissue takes longer to heal!  Don't talk to you much but I always enjoy your posts!!  You have always been an inspiration to me! I forget, do you attend meetings?  I am having a tough time again with recovery and feeling a bit indifferent to everything these days...not sure why but I thought it was smooth sailing for a while!

Take care and remember RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) That is in regards to your ankle!
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
This schedule is hard to get use to but the best things are I can't go out drinking which could lead to more so I like that and I don't see to many people or have any stresses so thats helping with this process,however when I move to Seattle in a couple months a for sure will never do this shift again because I really can't have much of a life.
Well I hope you start feeling better  but I like that you try and stay positive.
:)
-kim
Helpful - 0
Hi dear, I sprained my ankle while at the beach with my daughter.  We were leaving the Oyster Shack which has this open air bar and wasn't far from the hotel.  My left foot slipped off the curb and I sprained my ankle.  And I promise everyone, I only had one (1) margerita!  But my daughter had a few too many rum and cokes so I had to drive myself to the ER.  It's better but hurts like the dickens.
No, I don't go to any meetings.  I think we will always have ups and downs but that's normal life.  Addicts just have to learn to cope with it like non-addicts do.
I wish you the best,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
SEE! Even Marce agrees on RICE! And you thought I was just making it up....
I want ice on that ankle, I want it up in the air, and I want you to get better!
Did you get my emails? Did you call who you said you would? Otherwise....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.