Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pharmacies

Hi everyone!  I just want to tell all of you how stupid I am!  Okay, here it goes...
I went to an Urgent Care clinic two weeks ago because I was out of Oxycodone, I've gone to that same clinic like three other times within the past three months and seen all different doctors.  The doctor I seen a few weeks ago totally yelled at me badly and said I was a drug seeker and she was going to email Walgreens Pharmacy and tell them not to fill any narcotic meds for me anymore and to let her know if I go elsewhere to get narcotics filled.  I really felt stupid after that crazy move I made!  Anyway I have a VERY important question to ask!!!  Oh by the way, the doctor I saw two weeks ago also called Walgreens and found out I've been getting Oxycodone prescribed by 7 or 8 different doctors!  Oh my gosh!  Okay, do any of you know if Walgreens is able to put a warning out to other pharmacies, such as, Walmart or Target, so they also can't fill any narcotic prescriptions for me either?  I think that situation really sucks because I have two teeth that I have to have pulled and everytime I ever had a tooth pulled I ended up getting a dry socket and those are SOOOO painful!  On top of that doctor emailing Walgreens pharmacy, she also banned me from their clinic.  Have any of you been banned from a certain clinic or have any of you had something like this happen to you with a pharmacy?  I'm so sorry I was so stupid but when I run out of my Oxycodone I get really desperate!  Thanks to all of you!  I hope some of you understand!!!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes they can and they should!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I was just curious if you are going c/t now. I know that pharmacys can trace you via the internet and the DEA also checks doctors who write large amounts of narcotics to many patients. I was told by my orthopedic surgeon that he was contacted by the DEA and now he is very conservative prescribing. He will never write a refill until you see him and will NOT prescribe if the patient runs out before the next refill. It is so hard to get off these pills and I wish you the best. I would really try to quit and get into a program for support.

Tim
Helpful - 0
Yes, they can notify all pharmacies around, And the bad part is the Internet connection. If you went to another state and were trying the same thing or even had to get a prescription. Those same pharmacies would have your notes on thier computers as well. I have never shopped for Drs. , but can understand where youre coming from as an addict. Usually after a certain amount of time with one Dr. or even after one visit they will ask you to sign a narcotic agreement that you wont go to other DRs, They are not trying to be mean just safe for everyone. Now you do have to understand that when you do this it raises a red flag for anyone who legitimitaley goes in for pain meds. They stereotype us and always seem to give you that eyebrow look. My pharmacy has never questioned me as I always have the same DR.. Once one of the technicians asked me what I was taking it for in a bad attituded way, and i told her it was none of her business, and the managing pharmacist overheard and came over and chewed her out. That is DR. , Patient confidentiality.  I will talk to some of them and they know about my discs and hips and are very compassionate, but this one tech thought she was the opiate police. Now pharmacists do have the right to question someone if they look at thier history and see alarm bells going off. Just keep in mind that when you do this, you make  it hard on the people who have to have thier meds for pain. Not being mean, just letting you know.                          elvistcb
Helpful - 0
211417 tn?1189755822
Yes, they can, and they will, it happened to me, so now, even if I wanted to. there are only a few pharmacies that would fill for me(IF I was taking it).

I have a friend who was going to 5-6 drs, at the same time, and they did that without her knowledge, and when she went to pick up her next precription, there was a cop waiting there for her, and she was arrested, and was force to with drawl in jail and EVERY pharmacy had her pinned as a "NO FILL" becuase the DEA is now involved.

Once you have been RED FLAGGED you have such a greater chance of this happening to you, so you really should stop, it sounds like you are about to land yourself doing some jail time.
Helpful - 0
Oh I totally understand!!!! I felt totally desparate as well when I would run out of my drugs!  First, I think you have to look at why you are taking them. Anticipating pain (you mentioned that you WILL be having two teeth pulled) is not a reason to get pain meds. Second, you have 7 or 8 doctors prescribing them.  Many of us have been there which is why we are trying to get off the rollercoaster of addiction.  You really can't blame the clinic for dropping you...you ARE drug seeking!  I'm not judging you because I have been there but I also can't blame the system for these safeguards.  Is quitting something you are thinking about doing?  It sounds to me like you are at a crossroad!  Quitting these demons will give you the freedom from worrying about how to get your next rx.  Think about it.  And yes....I think they can blackball from other pharmacies...not sure though! Good Luck!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.